About these ads

Poptropolis Games… gone forever?

A moment of silence for Poptropolis Games…

My fellow Poptropicans, it is on this day that the beloved Poptropolis Games have sunk into the sea. May it rest in peace. I have a statement from the Creators here telling us about their grievances over this island “death.”

Right up until the last minute, we hoped it was a rumor. But it happened — the Poptropolis Games have returned to the seas from whence they came.

Will the Poptropolis Games ever come back to the surface? Let’s hope so!

Here lies the grave of Poptropolis. But wait! There’s a message that was left for us!

Legend

“Legend tells of a mysterious Island upon which Poptropica’s greatest athletes compete for tribal supremacy. Will the Poptropolis Games ever rise again?”

And this little notice on the Poptropolis Games Island Tour page:

Sunk

There may be hope yet that it isn’t dead! Why? On the members cards, it says Poptropolis 2012. This may not be the only year that they rise. Also, as Slanted Fish said, it could follow the time of the Olympics and other ideas sugest that Poptropica Time is faster than ours. And even more shocking news!

The Games Forever and myself have access to the island because we saved our characters. IF you happened to save yours on the Island, there’s STILL TIME for your medal to be won!

~~~

Any last words for Poptropolis Island? Leave them in the comments!

With a last tearful goodbye for the Poptropolis Games,

~Shaggy ;(

About these ads

Comments

1. i imagined the picture with the birds and the question marks and the blimp

2. Just shocking… how could the Creators just REMOVE an island like that?

3. Thing 1 Who Is Sad says:

My room code for the funeral is AVW45. Come in black, and bawl your little Poptropican hearts out. :cry:

4. The Rider says:

The funny thing is that if you save on the island before it disappeared, it is still there. The moment you leave, kerplunk it’s gone. It is like the S.S. Anne in Pokemon Firered and Leafgreen. Ironic? YES!

• The Rider says:

Makes you wonder if Poptropolis was just a special event thing or a total failure and they tried to take it back to fix it. I wonder if they did that for Monster Carnival……….feedback?

5. I just can’t believe it’s gone. I had a funeral, but no one showed up. :cry: But if you want to know what I have to say go here: http://adventuretimepop.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/see-you-in-100-years/ I just can’t explain my feelings in a single comment. :(
    R.P.I.T.O. (Rest Peacefully in the ocean)

6. Poptropican says:

NOOOOOO!
    WHY WHY WHY!
    One of the best islands. :(
    Bye, poptropolis.

7. i can get back on the map plus ween they bring the map back to poptropicans there will be new member items of poptropica games

8. the games forever says:

Thanks for mentioning me in the blog!! I been reading this blog for a long time but never expected to be in one of the blogs. I had stayed on the island to see what would happen, expecting some sort of cutscene,but instead got to see this glitch, still trying to see why it worked that way.

9. It’s gone. :(

10. The Scientist, Mad Tornado says:

I’m sure Poptropolis Games isn’t gone. I hope it comes back in 2013 ! :(

11. Goodbye,Poptropolis! :(

12. What has happened to the tribes?

13. Only the creators know?TELL US WHAT,CREATORS,OR ELSE WE WILL NOM YOU! :-x

14. Yeah, I said that Poptropica Time might be faster than ours, but I really have no idea.

15. If you ask me, I think it will come up by the next Olympics but I don’t think me or my friends will play poptropica that much when were in our senior year in high school.

16. good thing i finished it.maybe Poptropolis will appear in months.just wait :)

17. R.I.P. Poptropolis Games. :(

18. matthewergc says:

What about the winter olympic games? Maybe it’ll come back in 2014 with winter events!

19. matthewergc says:

Now poptropica is down for maintenance! Last time that happened on a Saturday, the store came out! That means something big must be coming! Maybe poptropolis games is coming back (although that would be really fast)! Maybe we’re getting monster carnival! Or maybe we’re getting houses!

20. or i hope they put the costume colletor in again in the strore i hope

21. matthewergc says:

It’s back up again (Poptropica was down for maintenance), and as far as I can tell, nothing’s different.

22. Magic Plug says:

Please answer fast!
    I made a song about saving this island, but I don’t know how to send it online to the creators. May somebody help me?
    ~Magic Plug

23. pop252581 says:

R.I.P poptropolis island :( whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !

24. pop252581 says:

how can i tell the creators something

Slanted Fish: Visit the Contact link on the Poptropica homepage.

25. It might rise in 2014 for the winter Olympics. And I think they made the tribe room to keep us patient until it rises again, probably in 2016 cause that’s when the summer Olympics come back or in 2014 when the winter season is around.

26. Hope it comes back soon!

27. Yellow Comet says:

I was very, very, very, very upset when Poptropolis Games sunk again, but I had a character saved on the island, so I replayed it and then I left the island. But i have a back-up character who’s still on Poptropolis Games! :O

28. ok first of all sooooooooo sad that it sunk. It all started when they thought it was the end of the world in December. My hopes are with poptropolis games. PLEASE RISE AGAIN.

29. hppybean says:

i agree with slanted fish if we are right it should appear on the summer of 2016

30. I think it will rise again. If not, then they would’ve just removed the island completely. It will rise again sometime. But for now, let’s just hope for the best o_o

31. SUPER bite says:

whaaaaaaah! I want poptropolis games back!

32. hatersloveme4897 says:

I solved this 3 times but when is it coming back :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :(

33. I wish it will be back!i really want it!i haven’t tried it yet!

34. hey poptropicans!i now have 19 medallions!check my info!

35. the following message is in pig latin.
    ellohay optropicaay ansfay iay nowkay aay to feel better. just think of how wonderful most of poptropica to feel better! sorry bout the lousy pig latin imnot very good but i understand it.

36. snowball says:

I miss it sooooooooo much it was one of my favorite islands. Poptropolis, I miss u!!!!!!!

37. I want poptropolis back so bad! It was the best island ever on poptropica!

38. hatersloveme4897 says:

I have 34 medals a long time ago :)

39. sticky onion says:

noooooooooooooooooooooo!ionly got to play it for one day!i loved that island!!!!

40. but wasnt the poptropolis there during the olympics? and it’s probably back when the olympics are back… plus if it wa dead i think they wud take it off the map… :T hmm idk just my guess :)

41. Noo!I never ever played Poptropolis Games!I hope it comes back when the Olympics is held….Cuz this is same like Olympics.

42. silver bird says:

I started playing poptropica only after potropolis games sunk. How do I earn The medal?
    Also what happens if u earn all the medals?

Slanted Fish: Poptropolis Games isn’t available right now, so there’s no way to get the medallion. Nothing special happens if you do earn all the medallions, but it shows on your Friends profile. :)

43. Gentle Pelican says:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I AGREE WITH MOST COMMENTS MADE. I miss poptropolis. i only got to play it for about two days. i’ve completed all the island except for that one , soo im pretty upset!!!:(now i spend most of my time just in the common room or store……..soo bummer!
    ~Gentle Pelican
    user(if u want to friend): claire16111

44. Gentle Pelican says:

thank you for the ideas and info though!!!!

~Gentle Pelican

45. Carter May says:

I never got to play it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

-Silly Stomper

46. i play poptropica every day says:

they made put it back up again but you can go diving to see it and party a t my room:
    ARV86

47. The creators are obviously going to bring it back since they left the actual logo. The creators just want to start crap. Why? I have no idea

48. Little Runner says:

please come back your my last island until virus hunter

49. mad stromer says:

same here I haven’t even got to try it I am soooooooooo mad

50. Silly Stomper says:

Ikr

51. adam b boy says:

I have not yet been able to beat it with my friends in tn we all wanted to beat it but only one of us so could u please please please bring it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my guys name is the trusty sun and I spent mounths and mounths training for it cause I wanted to beat the other islands befor I beat that one so if u could would u give us one more chance this is my island o wishes so please bring it back and if any one wants to friend me my user is adamblack683 this island is all I need to beat so please :'(

52. rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i want poptropolis games back i never got to try it

53. i want tooo play that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54. i could have played that game when i was new here,even though why it sink….can someone telllll mmeeeeee……

55. horse!me! says:

I usually go there when i am bored but now it is gone for a while. It aso said on the page that it comes every 100 years.

56. i want to beat it.i never got to.

57. my username is eae1518 shakybones1234 coolsneeze1234 quickfang1234 ethans!1 loudspider82 pop211566 captaincrawfishcreator toughkid217 blackwidowcreator thinknoodles medicinemancreator

58. hey everyone i know its late but come over to my place! to get in heres the code cwb51

59. hey guys wear your hazmet suit

60. Anonymous says:

Check out this link I found http://www.poptropica.com/island-tour/poptropolis-games.html

Slanted Fish: Yep, Poptropolis is returning! Check out this PHB article too.

61. Guys, for a while the creators said the island is coming back soon. We’re raising it. But I have a sinking suspicion it’s gonna take a year to do it, when 2014 Olympics come out!
    Ethan, I never beat it either!
    Hi, it might be easier to understand you if you capitalized tings and stuff…No offense, I’m just a grammar Nazi!
    On Poptropica I am Popular Boot. My username is Lindssey7618. Friend me, please!

62. This New Poptropica where can I find the save button?

Trackbacks

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 789 other followers