Get it all
With Poptropica membership, go on a virtual shopping spree for you and your Poptropican!
- Exclusive early island access!
- Unlimited costumes from the Store!
- Every Gold Card available in the Store!
- Store up to 30 costumes in your Costume Closet!
- View all the snapshots in your Photo Album!
- Be able to share your Realms to the public!
- Play 7 Member Exclusive Islands!
Get early island access!
- Can’t wait to play the next island?
- Poptropica will release LOTS of new islands!
- When you sign up for membership, you’ll be among the first to explore the newest islands!
Get more from friends!
- Store up to 30 unique costumes to wear again at any time!
- Explore other players’ costumes and Costumize their best looks!
- See all of the photo snapshots you’ve earned from your adventures through the islands of Poptropica!
- Costumize a look from any photo – either in your album, or a friend’s!
Get unlimited costumes!
- It’s time for the ultimate fashion upgrade!
- Your closet will grow exponentially with membership! Use every costume available in the Store to craft a look unique to you!
Use every gold card!
- Compete in head-to-head games with your friends! Cause a meteor shower to fall from the sky! Make yourself invisible!
- When you become a member, you gain access to every gold card in the Store!
- Monthly – USD$3.95
- 3 Months – USD$10.95 (that’s $3.65/month)
- 6 Months – USD$19.95 (that’s $3.33/month) (Save 15%!)
Why does Poptropica have membership?
People complain that Poptropica used to be a totally free game, and now you have to pay for membership to enjoy all of it. However, it is important to understand that Poptropica is a business, and just like any other business, it needs money in order to run. If Poptropica didn’t make any money, it wouldn’t be able to afford to pay its staff and keep its website up. A Poptropica with membership is better than no Poptropica at all, right?
Also, those who don’t have membership are still able to fully enjoy a large portion of what Poptropica has to offer. They still get to play the new islands after the members’ early access period, they still get to earn credits and buy stuff from the Store, etc. Those who do pay are helping to keep Poptropica in business and are rewarded with some extra benefits, while non-members still get to play the game.
How can I get membership?
Poptropica warns that kids who make a purchase without permission from their parent or guardian may have their account permanently banned, and while so far we have not heard of this actually happening, it’s best to follow Poptropica’s terms. So here’s how you might get your membership:
- Credit Card. An adult (usually a parent, relative, or close friend) with a credit card selects an offer and enters your Poptropican’s username and password here, then fills in the necessary credit card information required to make the payment online. If this is their first time, they will also be asked to make a Poptropica Parent account so they can manage some settings if they have to. Click Submit.
- Request. If you’d like to ask someone to purchase you membership or credits, log into Poptropica, go to your Stats page, and click on the “Buy Membership” or “Buy Credits” buttons to send a request form by email. This doesn’t necessarily get you membership, but if the person you make a request to is willing to buy you a membership, they can follow the above steps to get you one.
- Game Card. In Canada and the United States, you can buy Poptropica “Game Cards” for $10 in major stores like Best Buy (see full list of available retailers here) and redeem them online here. Scratch off and enter the 10-digit PIN number found on the back of your Game Card. You can choose to either redeem a 12-week membership or 1000 credits.
- Gift/Money. To get someone willing to help you get your membership, you can ask for it as a birthday or holiday gift. Or, if you’ve got some of your own money saved up and your birthday/holiday is too far away, try offering the money to your parents and having them take it in exchange for them using their credit card to get you a membership. You can also offer to make a deal with them: do something extra that they would want you to do that you wouldn’t normally do (such as extra jobs, classes, etc), in exchange for them doing something for you (buying you membership). If they are worried that a computer game like Poptropica is just a waste of time, remind them that it would be like paying for any other entertainment (such as toys, movies, etc).
Is Poptropica membership worth it?
Think before you buy. Are all the benefits that come with membership worth the money for you? One month of membership costs around USD$3.50 (more or less, depending on which package you choose). Are there other things you would rather have that cost that much? Or do you want nothing more than to be a Poptropica Member, no matter what the cost?
With membership, you can get anything and everything in the Poptropica Store without using any of your credits. But all of it will be gone once your membership expires – unless you have plans to quit Poptropica afterward or keep giving your money to Poptropica to keep your precious gold cards.
Maybe you only want that membership for the new island that just came out in its early stages, and you have to have early access. Do you? Or is it okay for you to save $3.50 and wait just a little longer so you can enjoy the same island members enjoyed – but for free? Keep in mind, though, that with some islands, Poptropica members get to play an exclusive bonus quest. Also, as of July 2015, seven islands are exclusively locked to members only, although non-members can play a demo.
There are also a bunch of exclusive members-only freebies (costumes, powers, etc) in the Store, but ask yourself, can you live without them? And unlimited Store costumes sounds great, doesn’t it? But since you get a free 150 credits for every island quest you complete, you could spend those credits on the same Store costumes without having a membership. Even better, once you step outside of the Store, the Poptropica world is full of characters you can interact with, and that includes using their clothes (via the Costumizer tool) to create your own unique look!
In the end, Poptropica is awesome even without the membership, but if you’re interested in the extras, just pay a bit of extra money and there you go! Just remember: Non-members will still get to play islands once its early access period is over, and they can use credits to keep any Store items forever.
Only you can decide based on your own needs and/or desires whether or not it’s worth forking over the extra money to enjoy membership.