Island Extras: Comic / Desktop Wallpaper 1 & Wallpaper 2 / Poster 1 & Poster 2
One by one, the citizens of Eastman are mutating into something horrible. Now, the city is quarantined, the survivors are trapped, and ghouls prowl the streets. No one knows how the zombie outbreak began… but how it ends is up to you!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Zomberry Island is Poptropica’s 32nd island. The countdown began on December 14, 2012 and the island was released to members on December 19, with a demo for non-members. The homepage had a trail of slow-moving zombies making their way across the darkened screen. On January 10, 2013, the island opened to everyone.
- Dr. Romero is a reference to George Romero, the American filmmaker known for starting the zombie film genre.
- Fort Savini Tunnel may be named for Tom Savini, an American actor and make-up artist involved in many of George Romero’s zombie films.
- Common room: Cinema (the only room on the island that’s fully lit)
- On the top floor of the Cinema, there’s a short film called “Zombie in Paradise,” starring a topless Bucky Lucas from Reality TV Island in a beach day disaster.
- At Shady Side, the phrase “Beware Skinnyman” is graffitied on some rocks, a reference to the faceless legend Slenderman.
- Inside Fort Savini Tunnel, there is a truck that says “FedUp Delivery Services,” a reference to the company FedEx. There’s also a car for Papa Pete’s Pizza (parody of Papa John’s Pizza, also on Reality TV Island).
- Gamer Guy’s apartment has an action figure of a cube head with a spoon trailing behind – a reference to the Silent Hill video game character Pyramid Head.
- The Survivalist’s Bunker has a Keep Calm and Carry On motivational poster on the wall.
- Also in the Survivalist’s Bunker is a poster of a Poptropican swimming with a dollar bill on a fishhook just out of reach, a reference to the Nirvana album Nevermind.
- In the background of the Financial District, there’s a sign for Mews Corp (a reference to Cryptids Island) above the berry smoothie shop, and another two for Spyglasses (Spy Island) elsewhere.
- Gamer Guy’s face is also seen posted on the wall of the bakery on Ghost Story Island, but there he is named “Abe.” He is likely modeled after Poptropica illustrator Abraham Evensen Tena.
- Gamer Guy’s drink, Valley Rain, is a parody of Mountain Dew.
- Joe’s Donut Hole may be a reference to the landmark building Randy’s Donuts.
- The name of the “Wok and a Hard Place” building in Chinatown is a play on the English phrase “a rock and a hard place,” meaning to make a hard decision. A wok is a Chinese frying pan.
- The cyber apocalypse mentioned by the survivalist is a reference to Y2K, also known as the year 2000 problem, hence the sign “do not open until 2000” on his bunker at the Wharf.
- The luggage in the closet of Dr. Romero’s apartment is the same as Thomas Edison’s luggage that you are asked to load on Mystery Train.
- The Berry Delicious Smoothie Shop is also seen in Night Watch Island, though that one has orange flavor available.
- Bonus quest for members only: The zombie threat has been contained, but more danger lurks beneath the streets of Eastman. To prevent an even greater outbreak, you’ll need to venture into the sewers with only a flashlight… and your wits!
- Members get an additional Zomberry Island gear pack, which includes Z.M.B Unit costume, Big Blue Zombie power, and Safety Flare item. The Z.M.B Unit costume is ONLY available during Early Access!
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss zomberry island in the comments below~