Island Extras: Comic / Nano-Combat Training / Wallpaper / Postcards / Champions Map
Somewhere in Poptropica, an unknown citizen harbors within his bloodstream a dangerous new virus. Your mission: locate Patient Zero, and eradicate the disease before it spreads. Prepare for a perilous journey to the most far-out place of all — inside the human body!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Virus Hunter Island is Poptropica’s 35th island. It was released on August 30, 2013 for members with a demo for non-members, and everyone could get a free Hazmat Suit on Main Street. The login screen featured two viruses chasing the kids that usually run across the screen, then someone in the round body-travel vehicle shooting them away. It will be released to everyone on September 26, 2013.
- The name of the island was discovered through a post on the blog of Poptropica artist Nasan Hardcastle, where he showed images of characters he designed for Poptropica, including the unreleased anatomy-themed “Virus Hunter” island. The island was confirmed by Creators on May 15, 2013.
- Common room: Town Hall
- This is the first island to be released with music and bigger navigation (excluding 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene, which was the first to be upgraded from its lesser version).
- There is a letter in the trash for a “Nasan SoftFort,” a pun on Nasan Hardcastle’s name.
- This is the first island to have a world champions player map which shows the rankings for finishing the island.
- There is a poster on the outside of the GreenSquare video store for Revenge of the Zombie Carrots, which is the sequel of the Zombie Carrot movie shown on Zomberry Island.
- Waist Not Fitness Center has a logo similar to The Biggest Loser.
- In the fitness center, you can open the lockers without locks. (One has a picture of a dog!)
- Bucky Lucas of Reality TV Island is frequently referenced throughout the island, including when you trick Joe into taking his picture.
- There are computers in Globochem on websites Funbrain, Fact Monster, and even what appears to be Poptropica. Also, there’s a screen on what looks like Facebook as well as a game of Solitaire.
- In GreenSquare, the cardboard cutout for a movie called ‘Stuck in Detention’ is a reference to the 1985 movie The Breakfast Club, and the boy shown parodies the character John Bender.
- GreenSquare is a parody of the DVD rental company Redbox.
- The plot of Virus Hunter Island may have been inspired by the 1987 science fiction movie Innerspace.
- My Boyfriend is a Martian is a reference to the TV series My Babysitter’s a Vampire.
- Bonus quest (available 9/26): Poptropicans are feeling fine, but man’s best friend isn’t so lucky. Now, a sick dog needs your help. Head back into the fray to take down a new threat: the vicious heartworm!
- During Early Access, there is a vending machine on Main Street where you can come back every week to collect a new free prize. When a new prize was released, the previous ones would be ‘Sold Out.’ The prizes so far were a Hazmat Suit and Scifi Doctor costume, available to everyone. The next prize (a helmet) will be for members only (available Sept 12). On Sept 19, a final mystery prize will be available to everyone.
- Members get an additional Virus Hunter Island gear pack, which includes Virtual Virus costume, Inside-Out power, and Sneezing Powder item. The Virtual Virus costume is ONLY available during Early Access!
- Members can also play a Nano-Combat Training Game to prepare for Virus Hunter, which is available in the Store. The PHB has a guide for this mini-game here.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss virus hunter island here~