Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper / Prepare for Impact! / Buy the Book
The Magic Tree House has landed on Poptropica! Join Jack and Annie on a journey back in time to a world of samurai warriors, sumo wrestlers, and even greater dangers that lurk in the clouds. When trouble strikes, it’s up to you to master a set of elite ninja skills and undertake a dangerous rescue mission. Can you find your way back home, or will you be stuck in old Japan forever?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Red Dragon Island is Poptropica’s 19th island. It was released on May 5, 2011 for members and June 2, 2011 for non-members.
- As of July 10, 2015, the island became locked to members only, with a demo for non-members.
- As of April 1, 2016, as a result of winning a month-long March Madness voting event about bringing back one members-only island, Red Dragon Island was re-opened to everyone.
- This island is based on Magic Tree House book #37, Dragon of the Red Dawn.
- The preview for this island is a Sumo game, released in April 2011, and which you can still play by getting the “Prepare for Impact!” gold card from the Poptropica Store. (The PHB also has a walkthrough for this game.) As you win sumo matches, you’ll gain ranks, each with its own costume. The ranks are: Juryo (starter), Maegashira (highest for non-members), Sanyaku, Ozeki, Yokozuna (highest for members).
- Common room: Frog Creek Library
- It’s possible to have the Poptropica name “Red Dragon”.
- The members-only Midnight Red Ninja costume from the Poptropica Store is inspired by Red Dragon Island.
- The treehouse takes you to Edo (there’s “East Edo” and “West Edo” on your Map, among other area names), which was the old name for Tokyo, Japan.
- Basho, the old man in the hut who trains you, is also the name of a famous poet from Japan’s Edo period. He is recognized as the greatest master of haiku.
- There’s a woodblock print artist in West Edo. You can click on the hanging prints to take a closer look at the art.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss red dragon island below~