Guide / Videos / Map / Mega Fighting Bots / Tour
Island Extras: Mocktropica Wallpaper & Poster / MFB Wallpaper & Poster / Champions Map
Poptropica is under new management, and it’s falling apart at the seams! The newest Island isn’t finished, the staff is nowhere to be found, and you can’t take two steps without running into a game-breaking bug. Get ready to go behind the scenes for your most important adventure yet — because this time, you’ve got to save Poptropica itself!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
For a full walkthrough with pictures and more detail, use our Mocktropica Island Guide.
- Talk to the lady outside of Poptropica HQ, then go inside HQ and talk to the focus tester who will give you Cake. Then ride the elevator to each floor and talk to all the people inside HQ.
- Leave Poptropica HQ and come back in. Talk to the girl from earlier, then go down to the basement and talk to everyone. Then talk to the girl with frazzled blonde hair who will give you 3 ID Badges.
- Move the buildings randomly in the island editor and save. Leave the basement, talk to the focus tester, then go to Ephraim University. Go inside and talk to the professor, who will show you a poem. Click on the moving ad until it burns the poem.
- Go back to the basement and change the mood to “happy” in the Island Maker Home Edition (on the other computer). Save, leave, and head right until you get to the cheese factory. Enter and talk to the worker, who will give you Cheese Curds when you leave. Equip the box.
- Go back to Main Street and press the spacebar to throw a cheese curd near the Narf pet. Go back to the cheese factory to find the Narfs multiplying. Run left all the way to Mt. Funshine and throw a cheese curd over the cliff, then cross the Narf bridge. Go left, climb the mountain, and take the Climbing Axe.
- Go back to Main Street, talk to the focus tester, go back to the basement, and change the setting to “night.” Head back to Main Street and talk to the creeper who will give you Counterfeit Coins. Use this to leave Main Street and go back to the cheese factory. Enter and use your Climbing Axe to destroy the machinery, which will bring Lance Pitcher back to HQ.
- Change the settings to “day” and “clear” and then climb the mountain again, this time all the way to the top. Talk to the bearded man (Billy Jordan) and beat him at Mancala, which will bring him back to Poptropica HQ.
- In the basement, move the buildings around in the island editor from shortest to tallest, then save. Go outside and get to the top of the HQ building to pick up the Soda. Take the Helmet from the safety guy, jump down, and talk to the focus tester about the crate blocking the right side. Go back to the basement and destroy the crate in the island editor, then save and leave.
- Enter the university and give the prof his soda. Return to the basement and click on the shuffling luggage bags to reveal a sleeping man. Use the Cake from your inventory to move him, then dig through the trash can and take the Script. Give it to the university prof.
- Leave the university, talk to the ad sales lady, then go to the 3rd floor of HQ and pay the ad lady with your coins to get rid of all ads. Go back down and talk to the budget lady. Attempt to leave and you’ll find yourself stuck in a loading screen. Wear your Helmet and pop all the letters. Now you’ll be in the internal servers.
- Redirect all the beams as shown in the map on the server floor. Simply go to the red cord and click on it until the red line points downwards, then click the blue cord once, and then the green cord twice. Then a cutscene follows, and all the new managers reveal their true intentions.
- In this final boss battle, just keep shooting your coins by clicking on the mega fighting bot over and over until it is destroyed. Move away if it throws rocks or its fists at you. When he’s gone, throw coins at the achievements until they disappear too. Congrats, you’re done!
- Mocktropica Island is Poptropica’s 36th island. It was released on December 19, 2013 for members and January 16, 2014 for non-members. The login screen had the Poptropica logo glitching into small white rectangles. The members-only bonus quest came out on January 9, 2014.
- The island is a parody of Poptropica itself, hence the name [mock + (pop)tropica]. It is the first island to break the fourth wall, in that it acknowledges that Poptropica is a computer game.
- The desktop wallpaper contains a “to-do list” which mentions “Balloon Boy Rescue Island.” Balloon Boy is a running gag in Poptropica that started from Counterfeit Island – could we be seeing his actual return this time?
- Common room: The Bluelocust Restaurant (labeled “est. 2007” – the year Poptropica was released!)
- Before the island was released, temporary Creator Gamer Guy advertised the robot-smashing game MegaFightingBots.com on the Creators’ Blog. MFB is referenced during the Mocktropica quest, and features heavily in the members-only bonus quest. However, non-members can play MFB by clicking on the computer screen in the university, as well as just visiting megafightingbots.com!
- The fraternity house at Ephraim University has the Greek letters Pi Omega Pi, which translates to POP – for Poptropica!
- The outside of the Poptropica Worldwide Headquarters displays several references to other islands in the P-shaped glass windows. Among the items, you can see a statue of a Greek goddess from Mythology, a shark statue and palm trees from Shark Tooth, the Hair Club from Spy, cacti from Wild West, etc.
- Inside the basement of Poptropica HQ, there is a doll of Medicine Man from Shark Tooth Island on the ground, and dolls of Dr. Hare from 24 Carrot on the tables. On the wall, there is a poster referencing the Konami Code of video games.
- The development computer in the basement contains a desktop filled with icons, designed like an early Windows computer, including a System32 folder. Clicking on some of these icons will result in an unhelpful “P” troubleshooter, a parody of Clippy, an old Microsoft Office gimmick.
- The cost cutter on the top floor of Poptropica HQ says that if she had friends, they’d call her “Slash.” You can ask her if it’s because she plays the guitar (in reference to the guitarist Slash), but she tells you it’s because she slashes expenses.
- The poem that the writer/professor at Ephraim University was trying to teach his students was O Captain! My Captain! by Walt Whitman.
- The “We Can Moo It!” moo-tivational poster at the cheese factory is a reference to the American wartime propaganda poster “We Can Do It!”
- The trash bin in the basement contains some interesting contents, such as pages referencing characters from other islands (Salerno from Lunar Colony as “Salami”, Zeus from Mythology as “Spruce”, El Mustachio from Wild West as “El Mustachito”, Dr. Hare from 24 Carrot as “Dr. Beev”, Binary Bard from Astro-Knights as “Binary Investment Banker”). There was also a page that said Monster Carnival, slashed out by a big ‘NOPE’, plus blueprint pages for ‘the return of Balloon Boy’ (a running gag since Counterfeit Island) and ‘Battle Arena’ (a feature promised for Legendary Swords that was never fulfilled).
- Also in the trash are random artifacts referencing various tidbits from Poptropica, including: a toy figure of afro guy (the white-skinned, black-haired character that occasionally displays when loading gets glitchy), the bathroom door with the message (seen in New Jersey on Cryptids Island), tickets for the underground tunnel tour from Counterfeit Island, the bag of popcorn from Wimpy Boardwalk, the bottle of Valley Rain from Gamer Guy’s apartment in Zomberry (also, the name is a parody of Mountain Dew), and a mailed travel letter for Joe Stockman from Virus Hunter. After digging through the trash, you’ll eventually find a script for Zomberry Island.
- If you examine the Zomberry Island script, you’ll find that it’s ridden with typos and talks about what the player can find in Gamer Guy’s (or “Videogame Guy’s”) apartment. At the bottom, the part where it talks about finding the empty Valley Rain bottle in the trash is crossed out in red with the note “Cliched! No more dumpster diving on Poptropica -Jeff” – ironic because you’d just been dumpster diving to find that script in the first place. Jeff may refer to Jeff Kinney, the guy who created Poptropica.
- At the edge of the cliff of Mt. Funshine, after you’ve changed the mood, the safety guy says “You shall not pass!” – a reference to Gandalf’s famous line from The Fellowship of the Ring.
- One of the chalkboards at the university says “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog,” a sentence which contains every letter of the English alphabet at least once. The other board has a mind map about woodchucking, a reference to the tongue twister “how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?” There is also a ridiculous essay prompt combining rodent-based deforestation, Moby Dick, and the advent of movable type.
- A large Poptropican-ized portrait of William Shakespeare hangs on the wall of the university, as well as smaller portraits of Jane Austen and Homer.
- The boy with the orange poofy hair sitting in the second row of the university classroom is a parody of the titular character from Napoleon Dynamite, and his “do it” shirt is stylized like the “vote for Pedro” shirt Napoleon Dynamite wears in the film.
- A statuette of Rodin’s sculpture The Thinker is nested underneath the cubby hole in the back row of the university.
- The island editor in the basement is on a “Graycom Tablet 4000 series,” perhaps a reference to Wacom drawing tablets. There is also a Zeus statue to the left of the editor.
- The cake given to you by the focus tester is a Black Forest cake.
- A horned version of the Skull Mask from Legendary Swords sits on top of some drawers on the second floor of Poptropica HQ. There is also a Dr. Hare doll on a desk.
- The third floor of Poptropica HQ has a sign advertising “Sports Nectar, Poptropica’s favorite sports drink” – first seen on Cryptids Island.
- The fourth floor of Poptropica HQ contains large mounted icons of non-existing Poptropica islands, including Aqua Knights Island (the ‘knights’ part of the logo looks like the one for Astro-Knights), Tax Cut Island, The Return of Crawfish (a reference to Skullduggery), and Giant Island (a reference to Cryptids).
- The trailer video contains a morphing cow, which may be a reference to the viral YouTube video “cows & cows & cows“.
- You are given the ID badges of Poptropica Creators Lance Pitcher (designer), Billy Jordan (developer), and Max McPatrick (writer). Perhaps these are real-life references to Creators Jon Pitcher, Jordan Leary, and Max Brallier.
- According to a tweet by professional artist Coralee Lazebnikova, the blond pony-tailed Poptropica worker from the basement is modeled after her.
- The developer with the sleep mask in the basement says, “All work and no play makes me want to curl up into a ball and cry,” a reference to the proverb “all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.”
- Members get an additional Mocktropica gear pack, which includes Unfinished costume, Glitch power, and Narf follower. The Unfinished costume is ONLY available until the end of Early Access!
- Bonus quest: A rogue programmer has conquered a rival website and now rules it like a king. You must venture outside the safety of Poptropica to bring him back — if you can last long enough to find him!
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss mocktropica island here~