Halloween is here, but not all of the PEANUTS kids are celebrating – not when Charlie Brown keeps getting tricks instead of treats, Snoopy is attacked by the infamous Red Baron, and Linus waits all night for the Great Pumpkin. Can you set things right and save Halloween?
For walkthroughs on Great Pumpkin Island, scroll down on this page.
Resources on this page
- Synopsis from Poptropica
- Island Extras
- Video Walkthrough
- Written Walkthrough
- Album Photos
For a written walkthrough with pictures, scroll down on this page!
The (Great?) Pumpkin
Start off by going to the right of Great Pumpkin Island to the pumpkin patch. Find Linus and talk to him. He will ask you to give his sister (Lucy) the heaviest pumpkin.
To do this, put any two random pumpkins on the balance scale to measure them. Set the lighter pumpkin off to the side so you won’t pick it up again, and keep weighing the pumpkins until you get to the heaviest one (the last one remaining), then give it to Lucy. Be quick, you only get 30 seconds!
Lucy will then ask you to roll the pumpkin over to the Van Pelt house. To do this, just keep pushing it. When you reach the rabbit holes, don’t let the rabbits come up under the pumpkin. If it touches a rabbit head, it will be sent flying and you’ll have to start over from your last checkpoint (flag).
To avoid getting it stuck in the log, build up speed on the pumpkin before rolling it through there. At the swing set, get as close as possible and stop, then roll through quickly while all three kids swing back.
Van Pelt house
At the Van Pelt house, after Lucy cuts the pumpkin, speak to Linus and he will reward you with a Trick-or-Treat Bag.
Then Lucy will chop the pumpkin, and a quick cutscene will follow. Later, give the bag to Pig-Pen (the dusty boy outside the house), and he will give you a lemon-flavored Sucker in return.
Return to Linus, give him the sucker, and he will give you a Party Invitation.
When he leaves the room, walk over to his desk and pick up the Pen. Exit the house.
Walk left to reach Charlie Brown’s Backyard. Talk to Charlie, and he’ll ask Snoopy to help him put the falling leaves into a pile. You will then get to play as Snoopy – your task is to wait for a leaf to fall and use the dog’s breath to move left until the leaf rests onto the pile of leaves. Do this for five leaves.
Then Linus, with his wet sucker and blanket flying behind him like a cape, will jump in and ruin the pile.
Go back to Main Street, where you will find Linus by the mailbox. Talk to him, and he’ll wonder where is blanket went. Go back to the backyard, click on the remains of the pile, and move your cursor in a fast and circular motion to blow the leaves out of the way, revealing Linus’s Blanket.
Go back to Main Street and and return the blanket to Linus, who is standing by the mailbox at the far right. He will use the blanket to mail his letter to the Great Pumpkin.
Now return to the backyard, where Lucy is trying to talk Charlie Brown into letting her practice a football trick with him. She even asks him to sign a document stating that she won’t trick him, but Charlie doesn’t have a pen. Give Charlie the pen you got from Linus’s desk and he will sign the contract. However, Lucy tricks him anyway and he falls flat on his back trying to kick.
Plus, it turns out the contract was never notarized. Sorry, Charlie!
Pick up the Football from the ground and go over to Snoopy.
Throw it up in the air, and the aviator cap will be knocked out of the tree. Now playing as a World War I flying ace (Snoopy), your mission is to infiltrate the enemy’s territory and last 60 seconds without being shot down to succeed.
All you have to do is fly around on Snoopy’s doghouse and avoid the bombs being dropped from the Red Baron’s plane. One way is to fly inverted along the top of the screen. When he drops bombs, veer back the opposite way to dodge them.
Crashing behind enemy lines, your character and Snoopy will have to avoid being seen by the searchlight. Hide behind rocks, in a trench, in a haystack, behind a road marker, in the river, behind a bush at a shed, and finally behind a chimney.
Once you get all the way to the right, click to go right.
Take the green Halloween Mask off the scarecrow and put it on your face.
Enter the farmhouse and a voice will welcome you, saying, “Come on in and join the party!” Inside, you will see kids from the Peanuts gang partying in the spirit of Halloween.
Succeed at each of the party games:
- Bobbing for Apples: Click on apples when they are up. Bite 6 of them, and don’t miss – three strikes before you win means you have to play again!
- Drawing a Jack o’ Lantern: Carve out any reasonable face you like into the pumpkin by drawing on Charlie Brown, who is modeling for this task.
- Pin the Face on the Pumpkin: Put each of the 5 features (stem, right eye, mouth, nose, and left eye) close to where they belong, in the dark. Get at least 85% accuracy to win.
- Schroeder’s Piano: To play the song, press the key below each of the falling balls when it enters a box in the row above the keys. Hit the correct notes while keeping Snoopy’s dance rate above the red line to win. There will be sound when playing this game!
Trick or Treat!
Once that’s done, you get to go trick-or-treating! Go with the gang dressed up in costumes when they walk away from the pumpkin patch. Knock on the door by clicking on the house. Candy will be thrown into the air. Jump up to get one of the treats.
From the four houses you visit, you’ll get four different types of candy. Each time, the gang will report on what they received – and Charlie Brown will always get a rock.
Take the Bag of Candy to share with Linus and Sally back at the pumpkin patch. A cutscene will follow where Sally storms off angrily, having been cheated out of tricks-or-treats time as there was no Great Pumpkin after all.
Lucy comes in thanks you for watching her over little brother Linus, who later falls asleep in the pumpkin patch. She will award you with the Island Medallion and credits to spend in the Poptropica Store. Good grief!
Looking for more walkthroughs? Check out our Island Help page! 🙂
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Great Pumpkin Island is Poptropica’s 15th island. It was released on September 30, 2010 for members, and October 14, 2010 for non-members.
- As of July 10, 2015, the island became locked to members only, with a demo for non-members.
- The island is based on the classic Peanuts TV special It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
- During the early access period (Sept 30-Oct 14, 2010), members who logged in received an exclusive Woodstock Follower item.
- Starting from September 7, 2010, a preview version of the island was available to everyone. As the days went by, more characters were added to the island to be interacted with: first Charlie and Linus, then Lucy, then Snoopy.
- Common room: Flying Ace Cafe
- While trick-or-treating, Charlie Brown will always get a rock, unless you get it first.
- Because the characters are drawn in the style of the Peanuts comics, they are not customizable.
- You’ll play as Snoopy as he avoids the Red Baron, a German fighter pilot during World War 1.