Guide / News & Sneak Peeks / Videos / Tour
Island Extra: Printable Poster
Pelican Rock is the toughest prison ever built. And after you’re framed for a crime you didn’t commit, it’s your new home! Use your wits to devise an escape plan, and your nerve to pull it off. But getting out is just the beginning — because the real criminal is still out there!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Escape From Pelican Rock Island is Poptropica’s 45th island, and was released to members on December 10, 2015. It was released to all on December 30, 2015. The login page featured the prisoners running across the screen, with a police officer chasing them and Escapee Dr. Hare trailing behind.
- The location is based on San Francisco’s Alcatraz island prison. “Bay City” is a nickname for San Francisco.
- On the hill, there is a sign for Krpata Motor Oil, a reference to Poptropica Creator Mitch Krpata.
- The gender of many of the characters you meet depends on the gender of your character (it will be the same gender).
- The metal shop contains a reference to this very fansite you’re on, the Poptropica Help Blog (PHB)! On the wall, there is a license plate which reads “PHB 1”.
- The other license plates are “2STUFF”, “7 ATE 9” (as in 7, 8, 9), and “LANGE” (a reference to Dr. Lange, a Poptropica Creator whose persona is a character on Virus Hunter Island).
- The painting given to you by Van Nostrand is mistakenly signed “Patches” – the name of another prisoner.
- Warden Sharp, in addition to being the name of the Pelican Rock warden, is also the name of the asylum warden in the Batman universe.
- The word flambé, as in Chef Flambé, means (in reference to food) “covered with liquor and set alight briefly”.
- Besides the Booted Bandit, there is one other character on this island with footwear – the kid wearing skates on Main Street!
- Depending on how long you take to finish the island, you’ll see some of your prisoner friends free on Main Street at the end! The more days it takes you to escape, the less of them will be freed.
- Fun fact: The music in the trailer is the theme from Mystery of the Map Island.
- Members get a Dr. Hare Escapee Costume in the Poptropica Store!
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss escape from pelican rock island here~