Our Avatar Studio Gift is a present to the Poptropica community, containing a compendium of usernames that will allow access to rare (typically uncustomizable) costumes on Poptropica by way of the Avatar Studio Glitch, commonly known as ASG. The glitch is performed with the following steps:
- Log into the Poptropica account you want to change the costume of. Make sure you are on a non-SUI (non sound updated island).
- Open the Poptropica Avatar Studio in another tab.
- Type a rare username* (see list below) in the username box.
- Refresh Poptropica. If a message appears, do not hit retry, hit cancel. Press ‘Load’ a bunch of times on the Avatar Studio tab, then go back to the Poptropica tab and you’ll be prompted to save a new account with the cloned costume. Note that this will replace your current costume with that of the user you typed in.
- This could also change your character’s gender if your gender is not the same as the ASG account.
- In the case of the costume appearing on a new unsaved account instead of your own account, try doing this on a different web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).
- An ASG-able account (for those interested in making their own) must be wearing one of the following: jetpack from Early Poptropica, glider from Time Tangled, bowtie from Spy, or chameleon suit from Spy.
*Rare accounts for ASG are listed below with pictures. Check out the pictures to find something you like, then perform the ASG with the username corresponding to the account pictured to obtain the costume. Just in case an outfit has changed since the last time its picture was taken, look it up on the Avatar Studio to be sure it’s what you want!
Note: Unlike ASGs, dummies are not meant to be cloned. Instead, add the username of the dummy to your friends list and you will be able to customize all clothing.
Realms Animal Relics
Island Shirts & Exquisite Eyes
Ad Attire: Dress to Impress
Note: These items (that your character turns into) can be used in-game.
Hoorays for Hare
Special (see notes below)
highSpeed_ASG allows you to run 30% faster on non-SUIs, and adds a cool little blurring motion, but does not work on SUIs (sound-updated islands).
WKF_ASG_AN-Princess includes fire hands as seen on the character from Monkey Wrench Island (not pictured in Avatar Studio).
PopASG16 can only be ASG’d on a SUI and the costume is not visible on Avatar Studio.
idk_customField_ASG – Just use the item card (it’s included with the ASG) and jump. You’ll have a forcefield of green, blue, and black!
special_booga_ASG is a special power that summons a bunch of Booga sharks. Like all ASGs, this still changes your costume.
idk_suiGlitch_ASG gives your character special glitch eyes (black with white pupils with red crosses). Only works on SUIs.
idk_suiGlitch2_ASG gives your character special glitch eyes (black with red pupils). Only works on SUIs.
idk_superGlitch_ASG will have bizarre effects on non-SUIs, as shown in the screenshot. Some features of the game may not function properly.
idk_glass_ASG turns your game screen translucent with a blue tint.