Lucky Joker here, sharing an amazing update regarding the #MyPoptropicaCostume contest!
In the Creators’ latest post, it was announced that there will be TWO (not one) grand prize winners chosen by the Poptropica Creators. Each grand prize winner will receive a 6-month membership and have their costume sold in the Poptropica store for a limited time. Plus, the winning costumes will be worn by a Poptropican on Home Island.
Not only will there be two grand prize winners, but also ten runner-ups who will be voted by us, the Poptropica community! Twenty costumes will be selected by the creators, and we’ll have to vote for our favorites. The top ten costumes with the most votes will get a 3-month membership and have their costumes also sold in the Poptropica store. In total, we’ll have 12 new costumes from winners!
The deadline to enter this contest is Saturday, December 31, 12am EST, so make sure to enter on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag (#MyPoptropicaCostume) or post your creation on the official Poptropica Facebook page.
Also, here are some official guidelines and tips from Poptropica:
- You can use our template (find it here) to draw your outfit. Or draw your Poptropican’s outfit freehand (here’s a guide). Or draw your creation using your computer or tablet. Whatever you want!
- Use your imagination! Get inspired by your favorite movies or TV shows and put your own original twist on them. Or think about your favorite activities, sports, and hobbies, and base a costume around one of them. Check out your favorite magazines and take a cue from the latest trends. The sky’s the limit!
- Don’t forget about fun accessories and powers that your costume could have!
- When you design your costume, be sure it could be reproducible as a Poptropica Costume. Teeny tiny details would be hard to recreate for a store costume.
- Your costume needs to be an original design of yours, not an assembly of current Poptropica costume parts.
- Three entries maximum per person!
- Give your costume a name and put your Poptropican’s name on it, and if you want, your age. Do not include your last name or where you live. For example, your entry could say something like “Winter Fun Outfit by Happy Catfish, age 14.”
(Be sure to read the full contest rules for a better understanding!)
I think this update is fantastic, since there are so many creative and talented Poptropicans in this community! What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below.
In other (sadder) news, as you may have heard, Star Wars’ Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) passed away at age 60 the other day. As a tribute to Carrie, Poptropica has made some posts on social media – you can see the snapchats below. (Thanks to Brave Tomato and Teen Arachnid for the pics.) It looks like their Snapchat name is back to being “Official Poptropica” as well.
Well, I’ll talk to you all soon. Pop on!