PHB’s 8th Annual Autumnal-Halloween Contest!

8thhallo-phb

This contest is now CLOSED. Check out our announcement of winners here!

Boo, Poptropicans! Fall is here, and that means Halloween is not far behind!

Even if you don’t live in a region that experiences a season of leaves changing color, pumpkin pie, and jack-o-lanterns (or if it’s spring where you are), the only thing you’ve got to fear are the Halloween costumes of your fellow Poptropicans – because here on the PHB, for the 8th year in a row, we’re continuing our tradition of throwing a costume contest in October!

This year, in addition to the Halloween theme, we’re adding another theme: the season of fall itself! You can choose to participate in both (or one, or neither, as you wish).

Traditionally, Poptropicans submit their best Poptropica Halloween (and now, also autumn/fall) costumes in the comments section by giving an Avatar Studio link and/or posting their username. Keep in mind the following tips:

• Be original! Mix and match to create your own unique costume(s).
  • There are some great Halloween costume parts at the ghoul gathering from the end of the Haunted House quest from the Store, as well as the collection of free costumes in the Store, but be creative and search in other places too! As for autumn, look for the colors of fall, like red, orange, yellow, and brown.
  • Keep your costume intact until after the winners are announced, or we may not see it! If you don’t want to keep the costume on your main account, create a new one and post that instead.
  • To post your entry, go to the Avatar Studio, type in your username, click Load, click on the Link to highlight it, right-click and choose Copy, go to the comments section on this post, right-click and choose Paste, type in your comment and submit so we can view your costume by clicking the link! Name your costume and post the username if you want.

WHAT TO LOOK FORWARD TO: On Halloween (October 31st), we’ll make a post featuring the winning costumes, plus they will also be immortalized on the PHB’s Costumes page, where you can also see examples of past winners. We’ll have 10 winners for the costume portion – 5 fall fashions, and 5 Halloween hauntings.

You may send in multiple entries (as many as you like), but note that each person can only win a maximum of one time. Please remember to use a different account for every entry, as otherwise we will only see the last costume you put on.

UPDATE: Poptropica has graciously offered to sponsor this PHB contest by giving a one-month membership to each of the 10 winners! Now you have to enter, right? 😉

But wait, there’s more…

spooktober

Stolen Snapshots is returning for another round called Spooktober, courtesy of Slippery Raptor! Can you guess which islands these spooooky negatives were taken from?

Alright, spoopy peoples! Be sure to post your guesses, costumes, and any questions you may have in the comments below! Have a hauntingly blessed day and enjoy the apple cider season!

– the PHB spooksters –

301 thoughts on “PHB’s 8th Annual Autumnal-Halloween Contest!

• Slanted Fish says:

Well, Poptropica has generously offered to sponsor our contest by giving a one-month membership to each of the 10 winners, so there’s that! And of course, winning costumes will be featured on the front page and our Costumes page. 😀

• InnerBeast says:

Hello it me Cool Octopus. I have an amazing costume for the Halloween costume. I called the ” The Phantom Elf Devil Assassin”
        Orgin story. He was born a half elf and a demon also with a blue pigment. he was left abandoned in orpahnge with assassin. He Through many years he was train to eliminated warriors. He use a sword with his hand and his tail in combat. But one day he was defeated. Later he was given a proper grave to rest but his ghostly body remian haunting every warrior with his sword. He name was Devlf.
        Here the link to view

• White Ice says:

Sorry but, the blue hair is kind of my signature, and of course I’m gonna send in more entries. I simply linked this one because it’s my costume for halloween.

And, after all, I didn’t realize I was linking my first entry for it to be critiqued by other community Poptropicans. My mistake, sorry.

1. Spooky Cereal says:

*after some googling*

Right…let’s-a-go!
    My other entries are:
    The Ghostly Singer

The Crazed Carnival Killer:

The veteran ghost (first on the left):

The african ghost warrior(first on the left):

And finally,the FALLen (get it?) warrior(last on the right):

2. Brave Tomato says:

Happy October, everyone! I’m looking forward to all your costumes and fall-weather outfits! 😄
    – The Tomato of Liberty 🗽

3. Lucky Wing the soon to be spooky! says:

I forgot that they did this! Correction, i wasn’t aware that aware that they did this. i stalked the blog in october last year, but didn’t see this. Right. i’ll add it to my list. *pulls out list* Let’s see… “Finish Monkey Wrench Story,” “take over the world through Webcomics”… “Buy candy for self” Ah, an empty spot. Tell you when i’ve got a costume then!

4. Fast Lizard says:

I would suggest downloading the iPop tool. It’s safe and makes it much easier to customize when getting various items. It’s quite handy.

5. DJVampiGamer says:

I would join in on the costume contest… but I’m lazy and know I have lots of stuff to do that I’m doing for the community. I would join in if I could.

-Vampirito (I’m going as Kirito from Sword Art Online for Halloween… hopefully.)

• WimpyKidFan says:

Hey SD! Like time no see! 😉 Anyways I am just wondering if we can enter more than one entries. And do we say which categories they are from or does the PHB decide that? Thanks! 😀

• Slanted Fish says:

You can submit as many entries as you like, but only a maximum of one costume per person can win. Also, you’re welcome to state which category you’re entering in, but if not, it’s fine – they should be pretty determinable from the costumes. 😛

6. Happy Lobster says:

Loving the new header! Shame it wasn’t drawn like the previous one, but I guess that would have taken a lot of work. 😛

Anyway, I’m definitely looking forward to this contest. It’s rather the 8th Annual Spring Halloween Contest for me, hence living in the Southern Hemisphere, but oh well. XD

7. Muddy Kid ._. says:

I’ve dressed up my character, im gonna guess the snapshots…
    1) Super Villian
    2) I dunno
    3) Ghost Story
    4) Mythology
    5) I dunno
    6) Ghost Story
    7) I dunno
    8) That’s easy. Haunted House in the bathroom!
    9) Spy Island outside that Glasses building on Main Street
    10) Ghost Story in the graveyard!

8. Shaky Skunk says:

I totally didn’t waste half an hour searching, instead of doing schoolwork.

#1 – Super Villain Island
    #2 – Cryptids Island
    #3 – Ghost Story Island
    #4 – Mythology Island (Sphinx?)
    #5 – Cryptids Island
    #6 – Ghost Story Island (Clock Tower)
    #7 – Super Villain Island
    #8 – Haunted House MiniQuest (The bathroom)
    #9 – Spy Island (In front of the Spyglass shop)
    #10 – Skullduggery Island

I’ll send my costume after school. I might send multiple entries, since Purple Claw and I have matching costumes this year. 😉

• Silver Bear says:

OMG! I think I night have friended you at the phb party because I have a friend how looks exactly like your costume. My username readingcupcake25 just in case you want to find out who this weird stalker who friended you is. Also known as me 🙂

9. Tall Cactus says:

1. Super Villain
    2. Ghost Story
    3. Haunted House
    4. Monster Carnival
    5. Legendary Swords?
    6. Vampire’s Curse
    7. Super Villain or Game Show?
    8. Ghost Story
    9. Shrink Ray
    10. Ghost Story

10. Dangerous Heart is ready for Halloween! says:

hey, for the winners of this year’s costumes, will they get MEMBERSHIPS PAID BY THE PHB, 6, 3, and 1 month ones to first, second and third? thx

11. dangerous knuckle says:

file:///C:/Users/Arundhati%20Nair/Pictures/poptropican.jpg
    creepy ballerina 2
    forget the creepy ballerina i gave before

12. dangerous knuckle says:

file:///C:/Users/Arundhati%20Nair/Pictures/poptropican.jpg
    creepy ballerina 2
    forget the creepy ballerina i gave before
    i don’t want to submit that one

13. Dangerous Heart is being ignored? says:

hey, please don’t ignore me, slanted Fish. I’d like to know, for the winners of this year’s costumes, will they get MEMBERSHIPS PAID BY THE PHB, 6, 3, and 1 month ones to first, second and third? thank you ^^ and please reply.

14. Smart Flame says:

I want to make an MPIP, do I leave a link in the comment to contact you?
    Also I might make my own blog about poptropica, if so please read, I’ll post later if it goes through. By the way, I am a poptropica super-fan, but also the PHB staff is amazing and they inspired me (especially Ylimegirl, Slanted fish, and UIPE) to start commenting and become apart of the poptropica community and get more to play poptropica (8 to be exact) also sorry for extreme posting 🙂 #best blog ever #poptropica life

• Slanted Fish says:

Hey there – these are the same costume. Note that the link is the same – we need to see the costume stay on the account, so if you change the costume of an account, the link will show the latest costume you’ve got on. You may want to have separate accounts if you’re entering multiple times. 😉

15. Perfect Sky (@popPerfect_Sky) says:
  16. PopPerfect⭐ says:

This is so cool!! I’ll be entering more later probably. I just really hope I win since I’ll be losing my membership soon.
    Here is my Fall fashion: http://www.poptropica.com/avatarstudio/avatar.html?a=bdmJiZ0RTYldsemMyWnZlSGx6WVhWalpRPT0%3D
    Here is my Halloween costume: http://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/232655817961111553/232656741962088450/unknown.png
    I call my fall fashion outfit “Café Cutie” and I call my Halloween costume “Magical Gypsy”!

17. Perfect Sky (@popPerfect_Sky) says:
  18. WimpyKidFan says:

At long last I have finished my costume entries! 😀

I call this one “The Beast Of Your Nightmares” http://www.poptropica.com/avatarstudio/avatar.html?a=bTEUxRnRiZEdobFltVmhjM1ExTkRBMA%3D%3D

Next we have “Crazy Man”

And last but not least, I made another “Crazy Man” 😛

There are my Halloween costumes after a lot of hard work and thought. Good luck to everyone. Happy Halloween!!! 😉

19. themadfeather says:
  20. Shiny Bird says:

Hi Everyone! This is my first time ever commenting on any Poptropica blog. Well, I just wanted to post my entry for the Halloween Costume Contest! I used one of my secondary girl accounts (though I am a guy) for my entry. The Username is “psycoexpress!” with the explanation mark at the end. I call this one, The Scarred Markswoman!

Hope you guys like it!
    -Shiny Bird

21. Golden Hamburger says:
    • Slanted Fish says:

Please make sure to submit multiple entries on different accounts per costume, otherwise we can only see the last costume you put on. Currently, your links are all the same, showing us the same account – so we are only seeing one costume instead of four.

22. Shiny Bird says:

Hi guys! After spending horrifying hours of pain and suffering coming up with ideas, and carefully putting together costumes on my different accounts, I’m back with another post for THREE MORE costumes!
    This first one was made with another one of my girl accounts (the username for this one is “shinybird350”). I call it, the “Ancient Greek Warrior”!:
    This next entry fits more into the “fall fashion” category. I Haven’t yet come up with a name for this one, but regardless, here it is!:
    And now for the grand finale! This last, but certainly not least, costume was made specially with my main account, “Arbiter213”. I call it, “The Legend of Crawfish”. Enjoy!
    Oh, and this last one is just a little re-post of my first one so that all of my entries is conveniently put into one post. The username for this one is “psycoexpress!” (including the explanation mark at the end) and the name of the costume is “The Scarred Marksman”

Hope you all like my entries!

• Phil says:

It is supposed to have the blag flags hat which is much more fitting. Looks like it only shows up for those of us who are black flags members

23. Fast Lizard says:

Hey there PHB. I was wondering if you’ve had a look at my Beauty and the Beast costume already, because for some reason, the costume vanished from the account. I can try to put it back on, but it might take some time.

24. Happy Lobster says:
  25. maganashake says:

My username is the one I’m using. My costume is ‘corrupted angel’ in my closet. You will know why I named it that.

• greedyshadow says:

Only on Twitter or Instagram. Which is quite unfortunate for me since I’m not considering getting an account for any of those. Didn’t they have something where you didn’t have to last year?

• derrick says:

Yeah, but maybe they’re to busy with New Poptropica, or maybe it was to hard to do it just like the old one, which explains why if you have a mask, glasses, goggles, special hair and hat types or any thing else that covers your face, if you change expressions, it’s gone.

26. Happy Crab (crab3012) says:

Okay, I can’t find my comment with my entry link so I’m going to post them again just to be safe. Also, if it is still already here, I commented under the name of Crab3012, my username.

Zombie Swamp- http://www.poptropica.com/avatarstudio/avatar.html?a=bZUQ2dmxyWTNKaFlqTXdNVEk9

Note: my second costume is made by me but I had to create a different account for it to work. My main/original one is crab3012

Fry from the show ‘Futurama’- http://www.poptropica.com/avatarstudio/avatar.html?a=bejdZOW9oWm5WMGRYSmhiV0V0Wm5KNQ%3D%3D

27. melodyof2006 says:

cool
    I hope I’m not to late
    presenting(drum roll please)
    my halloween costume!:)http://www.poptropica.com/avatarstudio/avatar.html?a=bdVBlTVlBYldGeWVXMDNORGc9
    Hope you like it!:)