An Iota of IOTM

Hello readers!

UPDATE: Poptropica has updated its post to say that old-timers will also be rewarded as well – the first time you complete an Island you’ve already finished, you’ll get a 100 credit bonus. Also,  those of you who have already completed the IOTM – you’ll get a 300 credit bonus the first time you complete it again!

While I’m struggling with composite functions, there’s big news in Poptropica: they increased the credit count for completing islands (again)! They’ve doubled it from 150 to 300! (I swear, things always get easier for the younger generation, doesn’t it?)

In addition, every month, the creators are going to feature two Islands of the Month, which will award 500 credits… to first-time finishers. Come on creators, throw us old-timers a bone!

This month’s IOTM (Islands of the Month) are Mystery of the Map (guide here) and Virus Hunter (guide here), for anyone who wants to try to get some extra credits. The Creators also leave us with this promise: “We’ll also be doing some cool stuff for the Islands of the Month here on the (Creators’) blog and on Poptropica’s social media, so stay tuned…”

september2bpoptropica2bislands2bof2bthe2bmonth

In addition to this news, the PHB got a shout-out in the very same post! Check it out:

You also might want to explore one of our amazing fan blogs, the Poptropica Help Blog. They have their own Island Guides — one for every Island! We haven’t watched all the videos or read through all the walkthroughs, but we know lots of Poptropica players turn to the PHB for help — so you might want to check them out!

We appreciate the praise creators. We think your walkthroughs are pretty great too… the ones you’ve released, at least.

See you guys later,

Ylimegirl

30 thoughts on “An Iota of IOTM

1. Happy Lobster says:

Everything is getting way too easy for beginners now. The good old days where you could only get 75 credits for completing an island seem so far away…

• Ylimegirl says:

Yeah, all these kids today with them official tutorials and the daily spin wheel and the whole island that is a tutorial and web 2.0 and their vines and their youtube and their laptops and their wifi and their internet and their computers and their binary and their calculators and their abacuses and their

2. Bony Bones says:

As soon as I saw the shoutout for my favorite Poptropica blog on the Creators’s blog, I immediately came to check the PHB to see if u noticed and, sure enough, Ylimegirl has already made a post about it! Great work, Ylime! 😛

3. sportyeel says:

Did anyone notice they have ACTUALLY made a category named the Poptropica Help Blog! Looks like we will be seeing more shout-outs in the future!

4. lucky bird says:

Whoa, thats grt news!! But I don’t like the credits idea though, Credits are not even worth now- like, you go to pop and spin the daily wheel, and- lo! you’ve gotten 200 credits!- so you get the idea… although I’m excited for virus hunter ’cause I’m STILL trying to beat that brain boss! Any tips or tricks anyone? And awesome that you’ve gotten a shoutout! So fishy or Ylime, or just about ANYONE, please reply on how to beat the brain boss!!!

5. Marshmallow says:

Me when I started reading this: What!? YEAH! 300 credits!!!
    Me when I realize this is for first-timers: All of these youngin’s getting everything easily these days… *grumble grumble*

• Ylimegirl says:

6. ☠Jacob_Da_Boss☠ says:

Y u do dis, Poptropica? I’ve already completed the islands and this isn’t beneficial to me at all. xD I guess I better take advantage of the daily wheel thing while I can.