PHB’s Summer Kickoff Party 2016: You’re All Invited!

phbsummer16

Hey, Poptropicans! What time is it?!

SUMMER TIME!! (Yes, High School Musical reference fully intended.)

Oh, and the PHB recently reached 25 million hits! That’s two reasons to celebrate! And that means… we’re hosting a party! The party will be held at the PHC, a place for Poptropicans to talk, share Multiverse codes, and just have a good time!

If you’re not familiar with the PHC, it’s the PHB’s official chat hangout, and it stands for Poptropica Help Chat. Anyone is welcome to come and chat at any time, even when there isn’t a party going on. You can access it anytime at the link discord.me/thePHC, and we highly encourage you to make a Discord account – it’s easy and free! You might even meet a Poptropica Creator!

It’s important to note that the PHC is a kid-friendly chat, with certain guidelines in place. You can find these under the #tutorial text channel, where you’ll also find other things like formatting help, a channel guide, and more! Our party will most likely take place in the #main channel, but feel free to explore the other channels as well! Since moving away from Xat a while back, this will be our first PHC party on Discord, and we hope it’s a good one!

This year’s summer solstice is Monday, June 20, 2016 at 6:34pm EST, so if you come a little early, you can join us in counting down to the summer kickoff! From there, the festivities could go on for a few hours, so feel free to come and go as your schedule permits.

Anyway, you’re all invited, and here are the details for the event:

• WHO: Everyone is welcome to come and talk to other Poptropicans and PHB staff!
  • WHAT: Chatting on the PHC (Discord) with other Poptropicans
  • WHEN: Monday, June 20, 2016 at 6:30pm Eastern (that’s 5:30pm Central, 4:30pm Mountain, 3:30pm Pacific Time – for all other time zones, please check a time-zone converter to find out what time that is in your area!) You are welcome to join in earlier or later as well.
  • WHERE: The PHC! Click here to get to the PHB’s official chat.
  • WHY: We’re celebrating the PHB’s milestone of 25 million hits as well as the official start of summer beginning with the solstice on June 20, 2016 at 6:34pm EST!

If you have any questions about the party, ask in the comments and we’ll answer you as best as we can! To get an idea of what to look forward to, check out our past PHB party recaps!

Well, see you there, Poptropicans! Don’t miss out on the fun. 😀

summertime

–the PHB team

124 thoughts on “PHB’s Summer Kickoff Party 2016: You’re All Invited!

1. Tall Cactus says:

Of course, this party has to be when I am at the beach. I’ll try to make it, but I won’t be there the entire time. At least the beach I’m going to is in NJ so it’s still in Eastern Time, making it in the evening, so that should improve my chances. And is there even a better way to kick off summer than by going on the PHC at the beach of all places!

Oh, and what about the people who live in the Southern Hemisphere? It will be the Winter Kickoff for them! Sorry…

2. Mad Tornado says:

Quite weird, since Tuesday, June 21st marks the beginning of Winter in most South American countries (including mine).
    How does that even work? Our world is strange…

I think I’ll be at school at that time, but I’ll try to make it there. In case I don’t make it, congratulations for +25 million hits!

• SlantedFish says:

Earth is strange indeed. It’s because of its tilted axis. 😛 Well, happy winter solstice to you! Most countries in South America follow North American timezones, so you may be able to make it. 🙂

• Mighty Heart says:

Since the world is tilted, the side tilted to the sun is Summer (America), the side underneath that is winter(South America), across from america is Fall (Europe and Asia), and lastly across from South America is Spring (Australia).

3. Young Singer says:

HOLD the PHONE!
    And give it to me.
    I’m In West Virginia, so what time zone is that?
    I’m too lazy to look it up… heh.

4. orange shell says:

Hey I think I should be able to come 😎😎😎🎈🎈🎈🎈🎆🎆🎆🎆🎇🎇🎇🎇🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍉🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍍🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍐🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍊🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕

5. DJScratchStep says:

Oh, no. Not the wrath of my least favorite movie. HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. *sigh* Now let’s see how many people sing tunes from that movie at the high school I’m going to.

• DJScratchStep says:

At least I’ll be able to come. And who knows, anybody who misses this, I may be making my own parties (even though my computer is slow as molasses, as my dad would say.)

6. Yujo_Jacy_the_Jumpy_Coyote says:

I’ll probably be there when the figurative party streamers go off 😛 . I’m sure it is going to be loads of fun – the past Xat parties were fun, I’m sure Discord’s will be a blast as well 😀 . I’ll probably be taking screenshots of the craziness in Multiverse, so that’ll be something 😉 .

7. Small Fire Dork For Hire Misses Poptropica says:

Congratulations to everyone here at the phb for getting that many views! Thats truly incredible!

• SlantedFish says:

It depends on what part of Australia you’re in, so to answer your question you’ll want to look up what timezone you’re in and use the converter linked in the post to figure it out. 🙂

8. Happy Lobster says:

Yeah, like Shaky Shaky Skunk and Silver Tornado, it starts for me at 8:30 am, and I need to be at school then, so I miss it! 😦 Oh, well, at least I’ve been to one other PHB party before.

• Mighty Gamer says:

There are quite a bit of other text channels available on the server for a lot of different aspects of Poptropica, so I don’t think it’s necessary, but it’s a good idea otherwise. ^^

9. Nice Penguin says:

Hey! What time does the party end? Or how long do these parties last? Just asking because I live overseas and the party starts 4:30 AM…kind of early for me especially since it’s summer! Hope I can come! :~)

• SlantedFish says:

PHC parties tend to go on for a few hours, but there is no set end time, so you’re welcome to pop in later if that works better for you! Hope to see you there! 🙂

10. ѕιlly pelιcαɴ ♪♫ says:

Aww shucks! The party starts at 2:30 AM at my place 😦 I’m a night owl anyways, so maybe i’ll try staying awake (if I don’t get busted >.<) If not, then i'll probably check the recap, like I used to few months back 😛

11. Creepy Goose says:

School’s over and the summer is here, yay! And congratulations to the PHB for 25 million hits! 😀
    I’ll see if I can come to the party, but not sure ‘cus it’s starting so late here.

12. Tallmeloniscool says:

Oh by the way when the party starts if i could make it i will make a youtube video on the party so you can get on youtube so the party will be more fun and you csan look back at the party!!!!!!!!!!

13. Magic Snowball says:

Did some time research, found at in my time zone that your party is at 3:30 AM. Yeah, sorry, I ain’t getting up that early. Oh well. Have fun at your party and enjoy your summer! It’s winter for me..
    -MS

14. Yujo_Jacy_the_Jumpy_Coyote says:

Since there hasn’t been a post on it yet, I figured I’d leave a comment about the new advertisement building on the most recent blog post – which is this one at the moment 😉 . There is a new advertisement for the upcoming Cartoon Network television crossover special event between Teen Titans Go & Powerpuff Girls – aptly titled Heroes vs. Heroes; or, as one might point out, Reboot vs. Reboot 😛 . The advertisement seems to restricted in some way, since others do not see the advertisement at all >,< .
    Here's the exterior: http://prntscr.com/bi6hgg
    Here's the interior, which doubles as a Common Room: http://prntscr.com/bi6hwb

The waves at the bottom are animated, even allowing your Poptropican to swim. Clicking on Beast Boy's snail form at the top right corner will give every Poptropican in the room a temporary Beast Boy floatie, which will vanish once you leave the Common Room. Grabbing Cyborg's Foot at the bottom left will earn you the Teen Titans Costumes item and grabbing Beast Boy's fish form will earn you the Beast Boy Power.
    And here are the items(left version=non-SUI, right version=SUI – not that it matters since both aren't very different): http://prntscr.com/bi6is0
    The Teen Titans Costumes item allows access to costumes of Robin, Cyborg, and Raven respectively. The Beast Boy Power is a hand held item that will display Beast Boy transformations of either a dog, a gorilla, or a tyrannosaurus rex once spacebar is pressed.

Oddly enough, both items are Teen Titans Go themed – even clicking on the outside of the ad will link to a Teen Titans Go webpage :/ . I guess the Powerpuff Girls already had their fair share of advertising items from their last appearance in Poptropica.

15. Tall Cactus says:

UPDATE:
    Well now it turns out we are going on some whale/dolphin watching boat thing for a couple hours on Monday at, you guessed it, 6:30 PM EST. Which means I’m gonna miss the party, or be a few hours later. Now let me go cry in a corner…

16. White Ice says:

I’ll have to wake up at 6:30 am for this, but it’ll be worth it anyway and it’s Ramadan so it won’t be a problem. See you guys then!