Credits Where Credit Is Due

Heyyo Poptropicans, it’s Ultimate iPad Expert here to bring you news of what’s going on in Poptropica!

As promotion for the recent release of the newest Galactic Hot Dogs book, The Weiner Strikes Back, Poptropica is adding some new credit rewards for finishers of the aptly named Galactic Hot Dogs Island. You can read more about GHD on Funbrain.

GHDCredits

Unlike some of the former bonus credit promotions, repeat finishers can receive the bonus credits as well! The first time finishers of the island receive 300 credits (the normal 150, plus an extra bonus 150) and repeat finishers will receive 150 credits for their playthrough. These bonus credits are online available through this upcoming Monday morning (May 9), so you’d better get ’em quick.

They’ve also updated the map icon for GHD Island, which you can see below (left) in contrast with the original (right). Looks like the Neon Wiener made way for Funketoun and an excited Cosmoe!

In totally unrelated news, our friend Yujo_Jacy_the_Jumpy_Coyote has found a little bug on the Mystery of the Map Photo Booth.

HotWheelsBug

On non-SUIs (classic islands not colored on the map), the photo booths are accompanied by an unrelated NPC. According to Yujo himself, the character (as well as his dialogue) is from a former Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 advertisement.

And lastly, Poptropica creator and best-selling Wimpy Kid author, Jeff Kinney, was on Fox & Friends this morning talking about Wimpy Kid, Poptropica, and StoryArc Media. Here you can see him drawing with some kids on the show.

Fox & Friends uploaded Jeff Kinney’s part of the show to their website, so if you’d like to check out that video, click here. The video segment is kinda short, but still pretty cool to see Kinney’s drawing skills in action. 😛 Definitely check it out if you’re interested!

And that concludes this little roundup post. What do you guys think about this news? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in the comments below.

Meme King out. 👑

• Ultimate iPad Expert •

48 thoughts on “Credits Where Credit Is Due

1. Tall Cactus says:

Seems like they’re treating Poptropica and MotM as completely different franchises now xD

Also…I HATE YOU GALACTIC HOT DOGS ISLAND!!! GRRR-

*runs away before a nasty rant starts*

2. AdelaideQueen says:

Jeff’s drawing of Oliver looks… eerie. Maybe that’s what the new Poptropicans will look like!

But at least it’s gonna get more players cause it was on TV, right?

3. Lucky Wing says:

I knew about this glitch! i was wonderig, because i kept passing her and going “WHY THE BON BONS ARE YOU HERE? This is for Mystery of the Map!” oh well. Good to know it’s not just my account.

4. Hyper Gamer says:

Backpacker reply if you saw you want to go on a new adventure is now different.

Maybe because it’s the first SUI. The creators have been leaning towards SUI’s since it’s release.

5. Maroon Cheetah says:

Ahh Galactic Hot Dogs Island, right when I’m about to complete it, it glitched out and now I’m just stuck in the same room as this pirate dude 😦 I wonder if I should tell this to the creators…

6. greedyshadow says:

This maybe of topic but I just found this new glitch(though I’m not sure if anybody found it before me). In “Wild West Island” when you drink the shrinking potion and hop on your horse and wait till it poofs you back to regular size, it also makes your horse bigger!

7. Fearless Rider (AKA Marshmallowlilypads) says:

Aw man, I was at a sleepover and I wasn’t able to be one of the first commenters! Anyway, I realized that the person in the MOTM photo booth was supposed to be our double. That’s a little weird to me, after finishing Pelican Rock lol.

8. Squeezy Starfish says:

Completely unrelated question: What happened to the monkey followers? They just disappeared, I don’t think they announced them stopping. There were more monkey followers shown on a daily pop I believe.