The Blake bomb has been defused. Shutdown in 3… 2… 1…

Hey Poptropicans, it’s Blake, and… I have some bad news.

It’s been a long time coming, but I believe now it’s finally time for me to make this announcement. Poptropicans, as much as I hate to say this, it’s time for me to move on. I’ve grown up. I’ve lost interest. People always do at some time. But I’m proud to have had the opportunity to grow alongside you, every step of the way. We’ve been together for almost 3 years now, can you believe it?

I’d like to take the time to acknowledge everyone who’s helped me along the way. Anyway, here goes the hard part…

To Fishy, HP, Sam, the entire lot of you.. thanks for being my family.

To the fans, thank you for being there with me, no matter what happens. You are all as much of a part of the PHB as I am.

Well, it looks like we don’t have that much longer left together.. I thank you all for reading my posts these past few years.

And for what it’s worth, I hope you’ve enjoyed the ride.

Who knows, maybe I’ll be back one day to grace your screens once more.

But for now, this is Blake, signing off for the last time.

And as always….

…Stay popping, Poptropicans.

~Blake

85 thoughts on “The Blake bomb has been defused. Shutdown in 3… 2… 1…

1. Spencer says:

You always know how to reach out to me Blake. This little explosion you set off from your first post to your last will always be remembered. See ya around dude :^)

2. Ultimate iPad Expert says:

We’ll miss you, Blake. I can’t say how much I enjoyed having you on the blog. From your specials to your Mixels posts. 😛 I’m glad you’re staying in the community for the time being, but I can understand.

3. Brave Tomato says:

We’ve known each other for quite a long time, since I have had my Curious Bee series going around. Anyways, it had been great working alongside ya. Gonna miss your sense of humor here. Good luck with whatever the future has in store for ya! I’m sure your next chapter will be great!
    See ya around, Blake, and may the Mixels and ninjas be with you. 😉

4. Slippery Raptor says:

Hey Blake, it’s so sad to see a fellow author leave and say goodbye. We’re going to miss your PHB Specials (Hope you come back and write again!) and your awesome posts. Wait, who’s going to host this year’s Poppies? It’s been an honor to be with such an awesome and funny person on this blog. I hope you and your Mixels succeed with all your future plans! Stay funny, Blakey. XD

• Blake says:

The Specials will continue! Fishy’s already offered me the opportunity to guest post, and I’m gladly going to accept. I just need a bit of a break before I jump into something else.. Then again, that also means I could host the Poppies as well..? I don’t know..

5. Giant Hawk says:

In a way, it’s a bit sad that I already have to say goodbye to a fellow author on the PHB before I even hit my first full year on here. Nonetheless, I respect the decision for you to move on, and I wish you best in whatever you choose to do in the future. May the force be with you, and may you never forget – the Mixels love you.

6. DJScratchStep says:

Thank you for being with us, Blake. It’s sad to see you leave. You did good while you were here though. (I possibly could make the specials in your place but if not worth a try anyway…)

But if this is the setup for an April Fools joke, I’ll be laughing. Still, hate to see you go…

7. o_O Super Drummer O_o says:

What, you’re leaving? Wait, “maybe I’ll be back one day” anyways, The Mixels and I am still sad to see you go. You were a very funny and awesome PHB author and we were glad to have you here. I won’t forget you!

-SD

• Blake says:

Trust me, this is going to be hard for the both of us. But eventually, you’ll find a new author! Listen, if you ever need me, don’t hesitate to comment.

~B

8. Popular Wolf says:

BLAKE! Nooo! You just ruined my day! I’m going to really miss you. You’re a great author/person. Please at least stay active in the community. 😥
    Stick with SN, too. it makes me smile every time. ERMAHGERD I’m gonna miss you, man! And the Mixels will, too.

9. SlantedFish says:

Thanks for all that you’ve done for the blog, Blake. I know this goodbye was difficult, but I’ll see you around the Poptropica community. May the Mixels be with you, and of course, stay popping. :’)

10. trustytooth says:

Blake, Oh Blake,
    Don’t Go Away!
    All Of Us,
    Want You To Stay.
    Your Leaving Now?
    That’s Such A Shame.
    We Hope That We,
    Aren’t The People To Blame.
    Blake, Oh Blake,
    Your Time Had Come.
    We Will Miss You Truly.
    A Great Poptropican You Have Become.

11. Funny Ant says:

Goodbye, Blake… you’ve been a great- no, stupendous- no, magnificent and all-around amazing author. (I could go higher, but I ran out of words… :P) You will be missed.

better go, i see a mixel
    staring at me with it’s creepy bug eyes
    hide me

12. Dangerous Eye says:

Aye, much sad, never got to see the best of you before you left 😛 I haven’t been around long but I salute you for your contributions! You’re da bomb and though that bomb may have fizzled out now, I’m sure it’s ignited a spark in someone else 🙂 Stay popping, Poptropican 😛

13. Spotted Dragon says:

Goodbye Blake. Believe it or not, I will miss you. Your sense of humor was odd to me, but I will always remember it. I wish you the best of luck in the future and hope that I haven’t seen the last of you! *fist bump*

14. FairyTale says:

Aw, Bye Blake. 😦 We will miss you. Thanks for all that you have done for the PHB. I really liked your PHB specials. You really were a great author. May the Mixels forever love you!

15. Draculaura says:

We all miss you and it is very hard to forget you.May god give you all that your heart deserves……….MISS U AND GOOD BYE

16. Lucky Wing says:

What?!?
    You can’t leave!!
    Please?
    I’ll be your best friend!
    PLEASE
    ok. I’m done. I get moving on for video games. True, the only ones i ever moved on from were on Nick Jr, but i get it. Blake, i personally will miss you and your funny antics. If you ever decide to come back, know it will be with open arms.
    *Really tight hug*

17. WimpyKidFan says:

Goodbye Blake! it was great to have you as a member of the Poptropica Help Blog. I will always remember you when ever someone says the word ‘ninjas’ or even ‘mixels’ 😛 Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this blog! All of use will forever miss you! 😦

18. Bony Bones says:

It’s been good to have you, Blake! Though I’m sad you’re going, I knew sooner or later I’d see an author leave, and I’m glad to have heard from u while u were here. Stay popping, Blake! 😛

19. The Colt says:

About a week ago I dscovered the PHB and this was the first post I saw:{. I’ll miss you Blake even though I have no Idea who you are.