Bear in the Big Apple! (Norm of the North ad)

(Heyo! This guest post is written by a friend of the PHB, Spencer, with app pictures by Slippery Raptor. Thanks for the tip-off goes to Maroon Cheetah. Enjoy the post and the ad prizes! –SlantedFish 🐠)

Hey Poptropicanos, it’s Spencer! Alas, I have returned! Get your beautiful Poptropican self some candy, some popcorn, an extremely overpriced soda (or pop, shall I dare make a pun?), and let’s get ready to watch Norm of the North. Well, it’s not exactly the movie we get to watch. But, it is yet another Poptropica advertisement!

2016-01-05

This ad is sponsoring the upcoming Dreamworks movie Norm of the North, in cinemas January 15th, 2016! From what I read, Norm and his friends wind up in New York City! Hey, that’s where I live! 😉

Anyway, you’re confronted by Norm the Polar bear to come into this peculiar looking building. (Remember kids, you shouldn’t always listen to strangers telling you to follow them if your parents aren’t around! 😉 ) There are two different versions of this ad: one for the mobile app and one for the web. Let’s start with the app.

Once you enter the building, you get to play a mini-game! Lucky you! (I admit, it’s a lot better than usual Poptropica watch-the-trailer ads.) Glad Poptropica stepped up its game this time around!

You’re presented with the quest of catching a bunch of anthropomorphic rodents in a condensed amount of time to win clothes. I can’t make this stuff up. Basically, you have to run around New York City collecting the three lemmies! They look just like they do in the picture, can’t miss ’em. 😀 (I noticed that this was incredibly similar to the mini-quest Don’t Be an Energy Hog, available in the Poptropica Store!)

Anyway, once you win, you get to have these fabulous prizes!​

Oooh, incredibly fashionable Lemming Rider! Wearing this rat on your head is definitely socially acceptable behavior, in my book! This stylish cap is not the only thing your Poptropican gets to obtain: now, you get to impress all the hunnies with these designer sun Glasses. I love all the NYC references, by the way! 😛

If you’re playing on the web, it’s also the norm! (Do I seriously make a pun every paragraph?) Hop onto any SUI, and the building looks about the same. Except, it’s a common room! Hop directly up, and you can snatch this rad Norm the Polar bear costume.

lemmy2

Hop up again, or click anywhere it asks you to, and you can play Lemmy Launcher, which is different from the game on the app. Hit 8 tourists with your awesome lemmy aim and win! No prize, though.

lemmy1

High up in the left corner, you can grab a Tumbling Lemmies power. When used, a bunch of lemmies will roll on your screen.

lemmy3

Well, I guess my time is up yet again! Take it easy Poptropicans!

36 thoughts on “Bear in the Big Apple! (Norm of the North ad)

1. Tall Cactus says:

Cool! Also, the week 6 winners of the Island Hopper Sweepstakes were just announced, and the grand prizes, like the blimps and Jeff Kinney call, will be announced soon!

• Spencer says:

Not at all! This happens commonly with advertisement posts. Someone was unavailable to post about it, and Slip provided the pictures.

2. Spencer says:

“A friend of the PHB?” Seriously, I think it’s time we start making our relationship more public. I was at your mother’s the other day merely as ‘a co-worker you work with’. We’re getting intimate. This is serious. It’s been 7 years.

Jokes aside – thanks for asking me to post! 😀

3. Super Comet says:

On some islands (all that I’ve seen it on is Mystery Train) there’s a common room-like ad for Norm of the North.

4. yellowpenguin says:

Hi! I have a question about the Poptropica app…when you customize an outfit in the app, will you still be wearing it when you go online? 🙂

5. Tall Cactus says:

Theory of the Day (Day 7)
    Aliens
    Yes, as proven on many islands, even sponsored, aliens definatly exist in the Poptropica Universe. But they still have many unknown things about them. So combining plot lines from Astro Knights, Lunar Colony, Mission Atlantis, PoptropiCon, Legendary Swords,etc., here is what could have happened.

Aliens have lived across Poptropica’s solar system and even other dimensions much longer than Poptropicans have, on Pewter Moon and E.Vile’s Planet among others. However, they weren’t originally from here. They were originally from another dimension. But once it got taken over by an evil tyrant, Omegon, they used their technology to escape, a few million-some years before Poptropicans, during the time of the dinosaurs. One of the spaceships landed on Pewter moon, one filled with animals landed on E.Vile’s Planet, and the biggest one accidently landed in the Poptropican Sea, and was forgotten. By medival times, Pewter Moon was doing well. But after the events of Astro Knights, the aliens fled back to their home dimension before many people learned of their existence. Flash forward to present day. During the events of Lunar Colony Island, ruins of the once great Pewter Moon, now just known as the Moon, were found, but Salerno got sucked into a portal to the aliens’ home dimension, and was never seen again. Also during this time the huge spaceship that got lost in the ocean was found, and those aliens also returned home.

Meanwhile, Omegon was mad. The aliens coming back weren’t too bad, but Salnero, a Poptropican, coming here? That was bad. From her he learned that Poptropicans already knew about him from comic books about the Mighty Action Force. But how did they know about him? I don’t know. So the events of PoptropiCon played out, but since Omegon returned back to the alien dimension, the aliens still didn’t have freedom. But Omegon became good. Or so we think…

THE END.
    I know that was more than a story than a theory, but whatever. Tomorrow’s theory is going to be even more confusing, but important to talk about.

6. Tall Cactus says:

This isn’t fair! I just posted a huge theory for Theory of the Day, and it didn’t send! I tried sending again, but it said I already sended it! I don’t feel like typing it again, it was super long. So if it doesn’t come till later or shows up twice, don’t be suprised.

7. Binary Bard says:

01001000 01100101 01101100 01101100 01101111 00100000 01010011 01101100 01100001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01100100 00101101 00101101 Sorry about that, my systems glitched. I have been watching your blog for quite a while, Mistress Fish. A question: when shall the next Popcorn be published?

8. Brave Tomato says:

“Bear in the Big Apple”
    *Suddenly, flashes back to a little girl sitting in front of a large cubelike TV watching an orange bear muppet and a cub too wander through an azure abode, talking with a pair of purple otters, a shadow, a blue mouse, a green…lemur(?) and the moon*
    Woah. That was weird.