Boo, Poptropicans! Halloween is approaching, and that means… it’s time for another Halloween costume competition here on the PHB! This will be our 7th year in a row, but we’re adding a special twist: with the recent Photo Booth added to Poptropica’s Home Island, you can enter a picture creation for a chance to win a membership from the PHB! Sound spooktacular?
Part I: Costume Competition
Traditionally, Poptropicans submit their best Poptropica Halloween costumes in the comments section by giving an Avatar Studio link and/or posting their username. Keep in mind the following tips:
- Be original! Mix and match to create your own unique costume(s).
- There are some great Halloween costume parts at the ghoul gathering from the end of the Haunted House quest from the Store, as well as the collection of free costumes in the Store, but be creative and search in other places too!
- Keep your costume intact until after the winners are announced, or we may not see it! If you don’t want to keep the costume on your main account, create a new one and post that instead.
- To post your entry, go to the Avatar Studio, type in your username, click Load, click on the Link to highlight it, right-click and choose Copy, go to the comments section on this post, right-click and choose Paste, type in your comment and submit so we can view your costume by clicking the link! Name your costume and post the username if you want.
PRIZES: On Halloween (October 31st), we’ll make a post featuring the winning costumes, plus they will also be immortalized on the PHB’s Costumes page, where you can also see examples of past winners. We’ll have 10 winners for the costume portion, but wait, there’s more…
Part II: Photo Booth Competition
This year, to celebrate our recent milestone of 20 million views here on the PHB, we’re adding a new portion to the competition: the Photo Booth, where we’ll pick another 10 winners for a total of 20!
If you haven’t checked out the Photo Booth on Home Island yet, now’s the time! Poptropica recently added lots of Halloween props to the feature, and you can check out the PHB’s Photo Booth guide here. The objective of this competition is to create the best Halloween picture with your character in it using the Photo Booth, which means you’ll need a snazzy Halloween costume on (see part I)!
For anyone entering this part of the competition, you’ll also need to complete Part I and share a link to your Poptropican to prove that you own the character you use in your Photo Booth pic. This part is optional, but like the first part, we’ll be selecting 10 winners, and the PRIZES get better…
- First place: 6-month membership
- Second and third place: 3-month membership
- 4th to 10th place: 1-month membership
That’s right, you can enter for a chance to win a membership paid for by the PHB!
Important: If you are selected to win one, you must be comfortable in privately contacting us with your login credentials (username and password) so that the membership may be awarded. If you have a currently active membership and are selected, keep in touch with us about when it expires and we will work something out (or, you can donate your membership prize to an honorable mention entrant). 🙂
How to enter:
- Create your picture with the Photo Booth on Home Island, being sure to include your character wearing a spooktacular Halloween costume somewhere in it.
- Press the green checkmark button to save the image to your computer.
- Upload the image somewhere on the web (for example, tinypic) that will give the image a URL.
- Copy and paste the image URL into the comments section along with the instructions from part I (Avatar Studio link of your costume and/or username). This will allow us to see the image online.
Note: For both competitions, you can submit as many entries as you like, but you can only win a maximum of one time. Have fun! You have until Halloween.
Happy Halloween, Poptropicans… 😈
May the spookiest rise from their graves.