Hey everyone! Before I start my review, I just want to give a brief explanation for why I haven’t been posting. The reason is because I had so many projects for my Key Club (just recently got elected Treasurer :P). In addition to that, I also went to 2 conventions for Key Club in my state capital. Now that’s over with & the summer is coming, I’ll have a lot more time to post! Anyway, let’s get to the review!
Let me just start by saying that the creators said the episode would release at 2pm EST (which is 1pm CST, 12pm MST, and 11am PST) it released at 1:30pm EST… It set me behind by 30 minutes and pretty much no possible way to get into the Top 10. Unlike Arabian Nights Ep. 2, I found this island very glitchy and hard to play.
Let me give you an example: You know that pink laser shooting down to the ground that never goes up in the Theater? I can glitch through it, and can’t go back on the other side where I came from… so I had to restart the island. This same glitch was also happening in other parts on the island too. There was also other problems I experienced with the island, like:
- When I clicked on a something else by accident while the character was talking, it froze.
- I moved by accident right when a scene happened (when the characters talk to each other), it glitched out.
- The items leaving your inventory when you left an area.
- You know at the end of the island where your fighting Omegon and you have to deflect the lasers onto the battery packs on the hands? Well, I didn’t do it in time and the hand squashed me through the floor and I was stuck there… had to restart.
After about 4 hours straight of restarting, I quit on the island for the day and started up again the next day. I ended up finishing the island about 27 hours after the island came out. As I had to keep restarting, I kept a notepad next to me of how many times I restarted & for what reasons.
- I restarted 14 times…….14 TIMES!
- 5 of the restarts was because items left my inventory when I left an area & went to another
- 4 of the restarts was because I glitched through one of the many pink lasers
- 2 of the restarts was because I was moving while a scene happened
- 2 of the restarts was because other small little glitches in the dialog & froze
- 1 when the hand of Omegon (in the boss battle) squashed me through the floor.
As the glitches & restarts kept piling up… I really got a good look at all the story, graphics & soundtrack. The story was great, I loved the concept of finding armor & weapons to defeat Omegon. I also really liked the part in the storyline where the girl in the basement betrayed us, it felt like I was watching a movie when the flick had a crazy plot twist.
The graphics were exceptional when I did get to see them. The graphics of the laser beam deflections were so cool & the effects that were put into the arrow breaking the glass under Omegon’s chair was crazy awesome. The soundtrack was great, as usual, Jeff Heim does his job very well :P.
This island could have been great in my opinion if it wasn’t so glitchy for me. The story was great, but pretty much every SUI island now has a lot of glitches…
If the Creators want good reviews, they need to put in the effort & time into the island instead of working on merchandise or some promotion to earn some money. I understand you have to earn money to make a living, but for the people to keep playing you need to give them a glitch-free island or they will start to go away…
On a scale of 1 to 10, PoptropiCon Ep.3: Reign of Omegon gets….
What do you think of my score? Do you agree with mine? Let me know in the comments! 😀