Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper & Poster
For centuries, a truce has existed between the people of a remote mountain village and the vampire who lives in the castle high above. Now, that truce is shattered, and Count Bram has captured a young villager. Can you rescue her from his evil clutches — and avoid being struck by the vampire’s curse?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Vampire’s Curse Island is Poptropica’s 25th island. The countdown started on February 28, 2012 and released on March 1 for members with a demo for non-members. It was opened to all on March 22, 2012. The login screen had fangs hanging from the lowercase p’s in ‘Poptropica.’
- The villain, Count Bram, is named after Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula.
- The movie posters outside the cinema in Main Street may be a reference to the recent popularity of the Twilight series.
- At the end of the quest, Katya and Christopher kiss – a Poptropica first. They’re standing a bit of a distance away from each other and leaning their tongues in together. It looks pretty awkward.
- Common room: the barn (unnamed)
- Garlic is used to combat vampires, and it is used to create the antidote in the quest.
- In the graveyard, there are graves for Mr. Renfield, Quincy P. Morris, and Lucy Westenra – all characters from Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
- The Latin text on the coffin in the Mausoleum says “meminervnt omnia amantes” and translates to “remember all the lovers”.
- In the outdoor areas of this island, you may see the dark sky flash and rain pouring, accompanied by thunderclaps and the sound of rain falling.
- Count Bram’s laboratory has a drawing of a Poptropican with four arms and legs in a style much like Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man.
- Poptropica Members can play a bonus quest after completing Vampire’s Curse Island. The vampire is gone, but his curse lives on. Prepare to discover even more hidden secrets of Bram’s castle — if a dangerous vampire hunter doesn’t get there first!
- Members get an additional Vampire’s Curse Island gear pack, which includes Garlic Breath, Bat Gum, and Vampire Count and Countess Costumes. The Vampire Costumes were only available during Early Access.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss vampire’s curse island below~