Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper & Printable Poster
It’s summertime, but the living ain’t easy for a wimpy kid. When Greg and Rowley visit the boardwalk for a relaxing beach vacation, they never expect to run afoul of thieving teens, ravenous seagulls, and crooked carnies. Only you can clean up Greg’s mess before vacation ends!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Wimpy Boardwalk is Poptropica’s 28th island. It was released on July 3, 2012 for members and July 18, 2012 for non-members, a shorter wait than usual.
- For the first time ever, your character gets to put on footwear! (Flip Flops)
- Common room: Laser Tag (with handheld laser guns!)
- This is the second Diary of a Wimpy Kid island on Poptropica, the first being Wimpy Wonderland. However, unlike Wimpy Wonderland, this one is in full color. Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a book series by Jeff Kinney, who is also the creator of Poptropica. Because the island is drawn in the style of the book’s illustrations, the characters are not customizable.
- The boardwalk is featured in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid book Dog Days, as well as its movie counterpart, which features elements like the Cranium Shaker ride. (In Dog Days, Rowley’s parents get him an “I Survived the Cranium Shaker” shirt even though he was too scared to get on the ride, much to Greg’s chagrin. The shirt can be seen as a souvenir decoration on the island.)
- Bonus quest for members only: Before you go, there’s one more task to be done. A devious gamer has left an embarrassing message about Greg on a high-score list in the arcade. Can you master the game, save Greg’s dignity, and become the boardwalk champion?
- Members get an additional Wimpy Boardwalk gear pack, which includes Beachgoer costume, Heat Wave power, and Beach Umbrella item. The Beachgoer is ONLY available during Early Access!
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss wimpy boardwalk island below~