Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper & Poster
For centuries, a truce has existed between the people of a remote mountain village and the vampire who lives in the castle high above. Now, that truce is shattered, and Count Bram has captured a young villager. Can you rescue her from his evil clutches — and avoid being struck by the vampire’s curse?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Vampire’s Curse Island is Poptropica’s 25th island. The countdown started on February 28, 2012 and released on March 1 for members with a demo for non-members. It was opened to all on March 22, 2012. The login screen had fangs hanging from the lowercase p’s in ‘Poptropica.’
- The villain, Count Bram, is named after Bram Stoker, the author of Dracula.
- The movie posters outside the cinema in Main Street may be a reference to the recent popularity of the Twilight series.
- At the end of the quest, Katya and Christopher kiss – a Poptropica first. They’re standing a bit of a distance away from each other and leaning their tongues in together. It looks pretty awkward.
- Common room: the barn (unnamed)
- Garlic is used to combat vampires, and it is used to create the antidote in the quest.
- The Latin text on the coffin in the Mausoleum says “meminervnt omnia amantes” and translates to “remember all the lovers”.
- Poptropica Members can play a bonus quest after completing Vampire’s Curse Island. The vampire is gone, but his curse lives on. Prepare to discover even more hidden secrets of Bram’s castle — if a dangerous vampire hunter doesn’t get there first!
- Members get an additional Vampire’s Curse Island gear pack, which includes Garlic Breath, Bat Gum, and Vampire Count and Countess Costumes. The Vampire Costumes were only available during Early Access.
- In the outdoor areas of this island, you may see the dark sky flash and rain pouring, accompanied by thunderclaps and the sound of rain falling.