A malfunctioning time machine has messed up history! It’s your job to go back in time and set things right in this online virtual world. Because if you don’t, who knows what the future will hold?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Time Tangled Island is Poptropica’s 3rd island, released on April 15, 2008.
- Before Time Tangled was released, it was referred to as Time Lapse Island, then later as Time Twisted Island.
- In April 2008, there was a Roman soldier on top of a building on Shark Tooth Island who said, “How did I get here? I should be on Time Twisted Island!”
- Common room: Party Time Tower
- Time Tangled is the first island to feature sound, which you can hear when you play Edison’s phonograph.
- Every year, the “Lab” setting of the time device is updated to reflect the present year.
- The Possible Future (bad future) used to be green, but now it’s brownish-orange.
- Many of the locations will have Fact Monster bubbles, which you can click to learn historically accurate information or other educational facts about the subject. Fact Monster is a Poptropica sponsor and has been spotted in Poptropica.
- In the island, you will encounter historical figures such as Lewis and Clark, Thomas Edison, Leonardo da Vinci, etc.
- Professor Pendulum, who created the malfunctioning time machine, can be seen vacationing in Shark Tooth Island‘s Tourist Center.
- Poptropica Creators: Thirsty Whale, who has not posted on the PCB in years, from Mount Everest, and Vlad the Viking, the name of the Creators’ old YouTube channel.
- For a brief time in August 2008, there were sunglasses available on top of Professor Pendulum’s lab. You can now get these glasses from customizing the secretary in the Spy Island headquarters.
To see our written walkthrough for Time Tangled Island, click on the word Guide at the top of this page.
Note: For a more in-depth walkthrough, please see our Time Tangled Island Guide.
- Talk to the lady in front of Pendelum’s Lab, then go into the lab and talk to her again to get the Mission Printout. Activate the time machine with the plug at the bottom and step into the bad future. Get the Time Device from your future self.
- Go to Mount Everest, 1953 and collect the Statuette of Liberty. Return it at Statue of Liberty, 1882. While you’re there, grab the Notebook on the ledge.
- Go to the Graff House, 1776 and grab the bag of Salt Rocks on the chimney. Go to the Mali Empire, 1387 and give the guy in the white turban and blue robes the Salt Rocks. Go inside the building and put together a puzzle to be awarded the Declaration of Independence. Return this back at the Graff House, 1776.
- Go to Edison’s Workshop, 1877 and take the Piece of Stone from the chimney. Go to the Aztec Empire, 1519 and return the Piece of Stone. Talk to the old lady carrying a mask and she’ll give you an Aztec Warrior Headdress. Put it on and talk to the guard wearing Edmund Hillary’s Goggles to get them. Go back to Mount Everest, 1953 and return the Goggles to Edmund, who’s wearing a blue coat.
- Go to Leonardo da Vinci, 1516 and return the Notebook to Leo. Put on the Glider he gives you and use that to help you reach the hanging Peace Medal.
- Go to the Lewis & Clark Expedition, 1805 and grab the Stone Bowl from the beaver’s head when he pops out. Go back down and talk to Captain Meriwether Lewis to return the Peace Medal.
- Go to the Great Wall of China, 1593 and grab the Gunpowder barrel. While you’re there, play a memory game with a Chinese guy and when you win, he’ll give you an Amulet. Also, return the Stone Bowl to one of the other guys on the wall.
- Go to the Vikings, 831 and return the Amulet to the first Viking. Blow up the blocked cave entrance with the Gunpowder and enter. You’ll have about 30 seconds to grab the Golden Vase at the bottom of the cave. (You can also use the Glider from Leo to reach a bonus Viking Suit in the Vikings time period.)
- Go to Ancient Greece, 328 BC and give the vase to the second soldier. Still in Greece, take Edison’s Phonograph from the roof of the Treasury building. Go back to Edison’s Workshop, 1877 and enter the workshop building to return the Phonograph to Edison.
- Once all time periods have been repaired, go back to the Lab, then enter the future again. Collect the island medallion from your future self, now happily living in a Sky Home! Congratulations!
discuss time tangled island below~