Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper & Printable Poster
Deep inside a top-secret prison, four of Poptropica’s most infamous villains float in suspended animation. Your mission: to infiltrate their minds and extract the sources of their evil. Can you withstand a journey to the heart of darkness, or will their twisted dreams trap you forever?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Super Villain Island is Poptropica’s 30th island. The countdown started on September 20, 2012, and the island was released on September 27 for members with a demo for non-members. It opened to all on October 18, 2012.
- Erewhon (from Erewhon Prison) is an anagram of “Nowhere.”
- Common room: You Know the Drill Eatery
- As you go up the elevator, you’ll pass by villains from previous islands, including the Super Power Island bad guys, a miniature Mr. Silva, El Mustachio Grande, and Gretchen Grimlock.
- If you click on the sleeping Captain Crawfish from inside his experimental container in the prison lab, your character will say, “Captain Crawfish can’t do much blogging from in there,” a reference to Captain Crawfish frequently posting on the Creators’ Blog.
- The vandalized paintings in Black Widow’s dream are Three Musicians by Picasso, Starry Night by Van Gogh, and Water Lilies by Monet.
- The four villains whose minds you must enter are antagonists from previous islands: Captain Crawfish from Skullduggery Island, Black Widow from Counterfeit Island, Dr. Hare from 24 Carrot Island, and Binary Bard (Mordred) from Astro-Knights Island. Binary Bard’s dream also includes the mechanical owl Merlin from Astro-Knights.
- Jupiter is the Roman version of the Greek god Zeus, as evidenced by Dr. Jupiter being a disguise for Zeus.
- The cutscene displaying footage of the damage Zeus is causing around Poptropica is from PNN, a parody of the popular television news network CNN.
- The final showdown with Zeus takes place in New York City with the Statue of Liberty (but with Zeus’s head on it), with the Empire State Building in the background being a reference to Percy Jackson. The battle itself is similar to the final part of Mythology Island.
- Bonus quest for members only: The world may be safe, but another villain stirs in his slumber. Do you dare to enter the dream machine once more, and visit a nightmarish version of one of the most popular Poptropica Islands? After completing the bonus quest, members receive a Dream Guardian costume!
- In the bonus quest, you’ll be in areas of Mythology Island, but the landscape is upside-down and the color is negative.
- Members get an additional Super Villain Island gear pack, which includes Night Hare costume, Sleeping Powder power, and Evil Henchmen item. The Night Hare costume is ONLY available during Early Access!