Island Extra: Super Hot Dog Boy Comic
A giant meteor has crashed into the virtual world’s prison, freeing hardened criminals and giving them super powers. Now they are wreaking havoc on the Island. Only a true superhero can stop them and save the day.
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Super Power Island is Poptropica’s 5th island. It was released on July 26, 2008 – the same day as the founding day of this Poptropica fansite you’re on, the Poptropica Help Blog!
- Sir Rebral’s name is a play on the word cerebral, a scientific word relating to the brain. Sir Rebral has telekinesis, the ability to move things with his mind.
- The word copycat refers to imitation, and Copy Cat is the name of one of the villains in this island.
- Ned Noodlehead’s alter ego is Super Hot Dog Boy, as shown in the official Super Power comic. He is also seen posting on the Creators’ Blog as Comic Kid.
- The island description, as well as some dialogue within the quest, refer to the object that collided into the prison as a “meteor.” This is technically inaccurate, as meteors are shooting stars. The correct term is meteorite.
- Hazmat Hermit, the guy beside the County Prison meteorite, is also a Poptropica Creator alias.
- Common room: The Daily Paper
- Super Power Island is featured in Poptropica Adventures for the Nintendo DS, along with Astro-Knights and Mythology.
- The goofy glasses from Spy Island were a bonus item available for a limited time (around August 2008) in the sewers of Super Power Island.