The silence of empty streets welcomes you. Metal and machines fill the lonely halls, and a growing mystery lurks behind a shroud of steam. Can you uncover what happened to the inhabitants of this ancient island? Gear up for a steam-powered adventure you will never forget!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Steamworks Island is Poptropica’s 14th island. It was released to members on August 12, 2010 and September 9, 2010 for non-members.
- The island is inspired by steampunk, a sub-genre of science fiction featuring steam-powered machinery.
- Common room: Steamworks Gear Shop
- From July 16-30, 2010, members who logged in received a Steamworks Mech Pilot costume.
- At the Hub, there’s a ball-tilting maze game similar to the classic wooden box Labyrinth game.
- The quiet atmosphere of this island means you will seldom interact with, or even come across, other characters.
- The name of the mechanical companion who follows you is called Sprocket, which is also the name of a wheel-like object found in machinery.
- On the blackboard in the greenhouse, it says “Hazmat was here” – probably in reference to Poptropica Creator alias Hazmat Hermit.
- We’re told the inhabitants of Steamworks Island have been frozen for 200 years, which calculated from present time would mean around the time of the Industrial Revolution, when all this steam technology would have been rampant.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss steamworks island below~