The silence of empty streets welcomes you. Metal and machines fill the lonely halls, and a growing mystery lurks behind a shroud of steam. Can you uncover what happened to the inhabitants of this ancient island? Gear up for a steam-powered adventure you will never forget!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Steamworks Island is Poptropica’s 14th island. It was released to members on August 12, 2010 and September 9, 2010 for non-members.
- The island is inspired by steampunk, a sub-genre of science fiction featuring steam-powered machinery.
- Common room: Steamworks Gear Shop
- From July 16-30, 2010, members who logged in received a Steamworks Mech Pilot costume.
- At the Hub, there’s a ball-tilting maze game similar to the classic wooden box Labyrinth game.
- The quiet atmosphere of this island means you will seldom interact with, or even come across, other characters.
- The name of the mechanical companion who follows you is called Sprocket, which is also the name of a wheel-like object found in machinery.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss steamworks island below~