Island Extras: Book Info, Book Preview, Buy the Book, Desktop Wallpaper
Set sail for adventure! Outwit cunning pirates and battle fierce sea monsters in the biggest Poptropica online virtual world quest yet. Build your ship. Assemble your crew. Rule the sea!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Skullduggery Island is Poptropica’s 13th island. It was released on May 20, 2010 for members and June 17, 2010 for non-members.
- Despite the name Skullduggery Island, it is really made up of several islands – Fort Ridley, Dragon Cove, Bouffant Bay, Parrot Port, Golden Harbor, Pirate Outpost, and then the actual Skullduggery Island at the end.
- The word “skullduggery” means “trickery,” and could also have been chosen because of the iconic skull-and-crossbones of a pirate ship’s Jolly Roger flag.
- The highest amount of doubloons is 18,725,999.
- Common room: The Broken Barrel
- There are many white clouds over the Skullduggery seas, and some of them have interesting shapes, such as a heart, skull-and-crossbones, smiley, fish, whale, bone, etc.
- Coderkid discovered from Poptropica’s code that this island would have originally been called Pirate Trade Island. A framework file in Poptropica that shows the islands’ code names does refer to Skullduggery as “Trade.”
- The ship’s names are, in order: raft, Jimmy Rigger, Carabelle, Sea Sultan, The Koi, Steaming Fury, Phoenix Warbird.
- Some people have reported being able to defeat Captain Crawfish without the Phoenix Warbird (although the Warbird is recommended). However, in the cutscene, your ship will display as the Warbird.
- Before the island was released, starting May 3, 2010, members received two exclusive items: The Skullduggery Teaser Trailer and a Skullduggery Pirate costume.
- An official book for Skullduggery Island was released on November 8, 2012. The first two chapters can be read for free on Funbrain. At the end of the preview, you’ll get a promo code for the Skull Pirate costume (the code is SkullBook).