A young genius has invented a ray gun that shrinks anything it touches – including you! But when the scientist and her invention go missing, you’ll have to keep the shrink ray from falling into the wrong hands, and find a way to bring yourself back to normal size. To solve a problem this big, you’ve got to think small!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Shrink Ray Island is Poptropica’s 20th island. There was a countdown timer on the homepage for its release on June 30, 2011 for members with a demo version for non-members. On July 28, 2011, it was released to the public.
- There’s a Shrink Ray Gun gold card available in the Poptropica Store, a handheld item for making characters shrink. It was released on July 21, 2011.
- Common room: Sweet Dreams Candy Shop
- The book in CJ’s bedroom which you push down to create a ramp for the toy car is Tess’ Tree, an actual book by Jess M. Brallier, who is also the publisher of Poptropica.
- CJ’s hero is Polish scientist Marie Curie.
- Shrink Shot is the preview game for this island, released on June 10, 2011. You can still play it by getting the gold card in the Poptropica Store. For getting a certain amount of points, you’ll reach a rank, each rank with its own costume prize: Hard Helmet, Bounce Ball, Propeller Hat (members), Spiked Hard Helmet (members), Spiked Bounce Ball (members). Other prizes include: Shrink Ray Balloon, Crayons, Grape Gum, Soda Bottle, Sparkle Power (members), Snow Globe (members).