Island Extra: Shrink Shot / Desktop Wallpaper / Poster / Champions Map
A young genius has invented a ray gun that shrinks anything it touches – including you! But when the scientist and her invention go missing, you’ll have to keep the shrink ray from falling into the wrong hands, and find a way to bring yourself back to normal size. To solve a problem this big, you’ve got to think small!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Shrink Ray Island is Poptropica’s 20th island. There was a countdown timer on the homepage for its release on June 30, 2011 for members with a demo version for non-members. On July 28, 2011, it was released to the public.
- In early November 2014, in anticipation of a SUI re-release, a Shrink Ray desktop wallpaper and printable poster were added to the revamped Tour page, and two new Store costumes were added for members: the Milk Box and Bottle Cap costumes.
- On November 20, 2014, Shrink Ray Island was re-released as a sound-updated island (SUI) for members, with music, a bigger screen, and all the benefits of a SUI – with a demo for non-members. The Shrink Ray SUI launched to the public on December 4, 2014.
- There’s a Shrink Ray gold card available in the Poptropica Store, a handheld item that makes characters shrink when you press spacebar while pointing it at them. It was released on July 21, 2011. It used to cost 250 credits, but to celebrate the release of the Shrink Ray SUI, it became free around November 2014.
- Common room: Sweet Dreams Candy Shop
- The book in CJ’s bedroom which you push down to create a ramp for the toy car is Tess’ Tree, an actual book by Jess M. Brallier, who is also the publisher of Poptropica.
- CJ’s bookshelf contains some titles suited to her tastes such as The Jules Verne Collection, The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, Genetic Soup, Black Holes, Calculus, and Geometry Made Difficult.
- CJ’s hero is Polish-French scientist Marie Curie.
- Inside the trash can, there are disposed bottles of Sports Nectar, a Poptropica-invented brand first seen on Cryptids Island.
- Shrink Shot is the preview game for this island, released on June 10, 2011. You can still play it by getting the gold card in the Poptropica Store. For getting a certain amount of points, you’ll reach a rank, each rank with its own costume prize: Hard Helmet, Bounce Ball, Propeller Hat (members), Spiked Hard Helmet (members), Spiked Bounce Ball (members). Other prizes include: Shrink Ray Balloon, Crayons, Grape Gum, Soda Bottle, Sparkle Power (members). For more details, check out our Shrink Shot Guide.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss shrink ray island below~