Have you ever wanted to be the star of a reality TV show? Well, now’s your chance! Duke it out with your fellow contestants and avoid elimination to win the show’s grand prize and become a hero to your hometown in the online virtual world, Reality TV Island.
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Reality TV Island is Poptropica’s 11th island. The island was released on February 24, 2010 for members, and March 24, 2010 for non-members.
- It is based on the hit reality game show Survivor. In 2008, the Creators’ Blog had a poll asking what type of island players would like to see, and one of the popular options was called Survivor island.
- Some of the contestants are characters encountered on the previous ten islands: Betty Jetty, Black Widow, Director D, Dr. Hare, and Ned Noodlehead.
- Common room: Billiards
- Like Monster Carnival, Reality TV Island disappeared for a short while from the Poptropica Map. Fortunately, it did eventually come back. However, it kept getting delayed, and was originally intended to be released in the summer of 2009, before Counterfeit Island, which ended up opening first.
- Papa Pete’s Pizza is a parody of Papa John’s Pizza. Players are supposed to deliver the pizza to Bucky Lucas. (Tip: You can save the pizza box to your costume closet while you’re still holding it!) There is also a Papa Pete’s Pizza car in Zomberry Island.
- The Tabloid contains references to other Poptropica islands: Super Power Workout, Shopping for Sharks, Dancing with Director D, Secrets of the Mimes, Cooking with Dr. Hare, Battle of the Bards, Dating the Black Widow, Black Widow in Style, Spy Sports, and [not an island] Poptropica Planet (Animal Planet?). The front page advertises The Bard’s Secrets to Success and Dr. Hare: Is he still in space?
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss reality tv island below~