Island Extras: 2012 Wallpaper & 2012 Poster / 2013 Wallpaper & 2013 Poster / Champions Map
Once every 100 years, the ancient capital of Poptropica — Poptropolis — rises from the sea to host a tournament created to prove tribal supremacy. Each of the tribes of Poptropica sends a representative to compete across a series of grueling events for a chance to become the Champion of Poptropica. This time, you’ll have to test your skill with two new events: the Volcano Race and Octopus Volleyball! Do you have what it takes to vanquish the competition and win glory for your tribe?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Poptropolis Games Island is Poptropica’s 27th island. The countdown started on May 17, 2012, and it was released on May 24 for members with no demo. It was opened to all on June 14, 2012. This was the same year as the 2012 Summer Olympics. The items from this island now say “Poptropolis Games 2012.” The Creators have confirmed that it will rise again in 2013 with two new events: Volcano Race and Octopus Volleyball!
- “Poptropolis” may have been one of the original names for Poptropica. The domain Poptropolis.com has been owned by Poptropica’s company, Pearson, since 2007, the year Poptropica first launched.
- Starting from December 21, 2012 (supposedly the “end of the world”), the Poptropica Creators’ Blog reported that Mews Foundation seismologists were detecting tectonic activity on the island. Over the next few weeks, more shaking was reported, and it was confirmed that the island would sink forever by January 24, 2013, which it did. However, it will be returning!
- According to the island description, Poptropolis is the ancient capital of Poptropica, making it the most important of all the islands!
- Common room: Poptropolis Training Hall and Gym
- According to a Poptropica framework file, this island’s code name is “Tribal.”
- Poptropica Members can play a bonus quest after completing the Poptropolis Games. An ancient warrior has returned to Poptropolis to reclaim the championship for himself. Prepare to battle the toughest competitor in the history of the Poptropolis Games!
- Members get an additional Poptropolis Games gear pack, which includes Wrestling Singlet costume, Plant-a-Statue power, and Discus item. The Wrestling Singlet is ONLY available during Early Access!
- The Poptropica Store gold card item “Balloons” contains a Poptropolis Games balloon.
- Along with the release of the island came the Tribes feature, in which you can pick a tribe to represent, get a jersey with your tribe’s colors, and compete against the other tribes.