Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper / Printable Poster / Poptopics Book
Mighty Zeus, king of the gods, needs a hero – and he wants you! To satisfy Zeus, you’ll need to battle monsters, swim the depths of the ocean, and descend into the mysterious underworld. Will you emerge a hero like Hercules, or face the fiery wrath of Zeus and his thunderbolts?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Mythology Island is Poptropica’s 12th island. It was released on April 1, 2010 for members and April 29, 2010 for non-members. It was re-released as a SUI (sound-updated island) with music and a bigger screen on April 25, 2014 for members and May 3, 2014 for everyone.
- Common room: Midas’ Gym
- The villain, Zeus, reappears in the final battle of Super Villain Island, and the fight is similar to that of Mythology Island.
- Mythology Island is inspired by Greek mythology, with gods such as Athena, Zeus, Poseidon, and creatures such as satyrs and Minotaur.
- The silver drachma coin you receive says “AOE” (with a dash inside the O), which spells the letters alpha theta epsilon in Greek. It means “of the Athenians” or “children of Athena”.
- Hercules is called by his Roman name rather than his Greek name, Heracles.
- The Bag of Wind from Aeolus’ Wind Wagon is a reference to Homer’s The Odyssey. In it, Aeolus gives Odysseus a bag of wind, but his crew opens it too early and their ship is blown far away just as they were about to reach Ithaca.
- Members get additional Mythology Cyclops and Icarus Costumes.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss mythology island below~