How do you solve a mystery when everyone is a suspect? It’s 1893, and some of the world’s brightest minds are traveling by train to the World’s Fair in Chicago. But after a dastardly crime puts the fate of the Fair in peril, only you can piece together the clues and collar the criminal. All aboard for a whodunit that will keep you guessing until the last twist of the tracks!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Mystery Train Island is Poptropica’s 21st island. It was set to release at 4:21pm on October 7, 2011, in honor of two things: Poptropica’s 4th birthday and 21st island. The login page featured a train chugging across the screen upon launch.
- The John Bull locomotive (the eponymous train of this island adventure, which is named on the Train Ticket) is on its way to the Chicago World’s Fair (Columbian Exposition) of 1893, which is historically accurate.
- Common room: Reverie Lounge
- The famous Van Gogh painting Starry Night is seen in Eric Weisz’s cabin, hanging above his bed.
- The train’s freight car contains elements from many different islands, as explained in the Poptropica Creators’ Blog. For example, you can see masks from Nabooti and totems from Reality TV Island.
- The coal smudges made by the French Le Monde reporter shows five fingers, although Poptropicans generally don’t have any fingers.
- Many of the characters you meet are famous historical figures, including Thomas Edison, Mark Twain, and Susan B. Anthony.
- Le Monde is a real French newspaper that still exists today.
- There was a preview game called D.C. Diner available since August 11, 2011. It’s similar to the popular game Diner Dash, and while it is no longer available, you can read about it here. Every time you served a VIP on D.C. Diner, a prize would be added to your items: Edison Light Bulb, Mark Twain Haircut, Magician’s Hat, Eiffel Tower Hat, Tesla Coil. The latter three prizes were only available to members.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss mystery train island below~