How do you solve a mystery when everyone is a suspect? It’s 1893, and some of the world’s brightest minds are traveling by train to the World’s Fair in Chicago. But after a dastardly crime puts the fate of the Fair in peril, only you can piece together the clues and collar the criminal. All aboard for a whodunit that will keep you guessing until the last twist of the tracks!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Mystery Train Island is Poptropica’s 21st island. It was set to release at 4:21pm on October 7, 2011, in honor of two things: Poptropica’s 4th birthday and 21st island. The login page featured a train chugging across the screen upon launch.
- The John Bull locomotive (the eponymous train of this island adventure, which is named on the Train Ticket) is on its way to the Chicago World’s Fair (Columbian Exposition) of 1893, just like in history.
- Common room: Reverie Lounge
- The famous painting Starry Night is seen in Eric Weisz’s cabin, hanging above his bed.
- The train’s freight car contains elements from many different islands, as explained in the Poptropica Creators’ Blog. For example, you can see masks from Nabooti and totems from Reality TV Island.
- The coal smudges made by the French Le Monde reporter shows five fingers, although Poptropicans generally don’t have any fingers.
- There was a preview game called D.C. Diner available since August 11, 2011. It’s similar to the popular game Diner Dash and you can still access it by going to the PoptropAds transporter tool. Every time you served a VIP on D.C. Diner, a prize would be added to your items: Edison Light Bulb, Mark Twain Haircut, Magician’s Hat, Eiffel Tower Hat, Tesla Coil.