Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper / Printable Poster / Book / Poptopics Book
An abandoned space station. A missing astronaut. A signal from beyond the stars. Blast off for a Poptropica adventure like no other! Get ready to explore the secrets of the lunar surface, and uncover a mystery as old as the cosmos…
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Lunar Colony Island is Poptropica’s 29th island. The countdown began on August 10, 2012, and was released on August 16 for members with a demo for non-members. It opened to all on September 6, 2012.
- PASE, which stands for the Poptropica Academy for Space Exploration, is a parody of NASA.
- The Photo Album in the open storage space next to bed 8 in the Crew Barracks is optional, but you can flip through Salerno’s scrapbook of memories just for fun.
- Common room: Final Frontier Gift Shop
- GatOS from the Operator’s Manual found in the Vehicle Bay is a reference to GLaDOS from the Portal games.
- Alan Turing, who appears in the bonus quest, is an actual British cryptanalyst.
- Bonus quest for members only: You’ve returned to earth just in time to receive a new transmission. Can you crack the code and translate the alien message?
- Members get an additional Lunar Colony gear pack, which includes Zaggy Moondust costume, Alien Archaeology power, and Moon Rock item. The Zaggy Moondust costume is ONLY available during Early Access! (Zaggy Moondust is a parody of Ziggy Stardust, which was English rock star David Bowie’s alter ego.)
- Hanging down sideways from near the top of the Mission Control building is the Poptropica flag.
- On the lunar surface, you can see a view of planet Poptropica, which is based on a real photograph called “Earthrise,” taken by the crew of the Apollo 8 mission.
discuss lunar colony island below~