Hemlock Harbor is a town with a secret. Restless spirits are said to haunt its shores, but no one knows who they are, what they want — or how to get rid of them. Can you hunt the ghosts of Hemlock Harbor and uncover the mystery that will set them free?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Ghost Story Island is Poptropica’s 23rd island. The countdown started on December 12, 2011 and it was released on December 15 for members with a demo for non-members. It was opened to all on January 12, 2012.
- Prisoner 24601 is a reference to Jean Valjean from Les Miserables.
- Common room: Visitor Center
- Salt is believed to protect from evil spirits, as seen in one of the citizens on Ghost Story Island.
- This is the first time you hear a Poptropican speak, and it’s Fiona sneaking up behind you asking, “Are you looking for someone?” Many players have reported being scared by the sudden unexpected whispery sound!
- The poster of a ghost with a red circle and slash on it (found on Main Street) is a reference to the Ghostbusters icon.
- On November 21, 2011, a members-only Ghost Hunter Suit was released, but it had to be earned as a prize from the “Spook Central” mini-game. Several ghosts were scattered across Poptropica, and you were given a Plasma Net, Ghost Files, and an EMF detector to help you track them down. The Headless Horseman was on 24 Carrot, Sweet William’s ghost was on Shrink Ray, the Bell Witch was on Wild West, Deogen was on Steamworks, and the Brown Lady was on Skullduggery.