Characters / Scenes / Items
Poptropica’s oldest inhabitants have a problem: someone’s been stealing their stuff! To return what’s rightfully theirs, you’ll explore creepy sewers, pitch-black caverns, and even a giant’s garden in the clouds. See how it all began with the very first Poptropica Island: Early Poptropica!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Early Poptropica Island is Poptropica’s 1st island. It was the pilot island released when Poptropica first opened in September 2007.
- Common rooms: This is the only island with two multiplayer rooms, the Soda Pop Shop and Arcade. The Arcade only appears when there are no advertisement buildings.
- There is a hidden Hypnotic Costume within the green building of Poptropica Towers. To learn more about this easter egg freebie, check out our Cheat Codes page.
- The sign in Early Poptropica says that the settlement was established (Est.) 1982, though Poptropica was only released in 2007.
- You can change your skin color with the pigment balloons at Poptropica Towers.
- The 8-bit pilgrims is likely due to the pixel art style of early video games.
- Early Poptropica Island used to be the only island without a logo, until the first revamp of the official Island Tour pages. The words Early Poptropica were written on the Map with Poptropica’s title font, Ghostkid AOE.
- This is considered one of the easiest islands to complete, along with Shark Tooth Island.
- The Pop Art Museum on Main Street features the characters and works of artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, and Georges Seurat. The museum is also visited during the Counterfeit Island quest. Its name does not quite fit with the exhibit, which does not contain any works from the pop art movement.
- The Purple Giant is an obvious reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.
To see our written walkthrough for Early Poptropica Island, click on Guide at the top of this page.
Note: For a more in-depth walkthrough, please see our Early Poptropica Island Guide.
- Go all the way right to the Early Poptropica settlement and talk to the three pixellated men who will tell you that their pig, bucket, and flag is missing.
- Go down the well next to the man who lost his bucket. Get the Glow Stick from this Storage Cavern.
- Go back to Main Street and down the manhole in front of the Soda Pop Shop. Inside the Pit, go down and grab the Prized Porker. Still in the Pit, go left and you’ll be in the Dark Room.
- Use your Glow Stick to help you navigate the area until you obtain the Golden Egg. Then go back to Main Street.
- Go left to Poptropica Towers. Jump up to the top of the blue building and climb up the vine until you reach the skies.
- Run right until you see the Purple Giant’s feet. Talk to the giant to give him the Golden Egg, and he will let you continue right. Jump off the vegetables in the Giant’s Garden and pick up the pixellated Water Bucket.
- Continue right to the Aircraft Graveyard and grab the Jet Pack on the yellow table. Put it on and go back to Main Street. Fly up to the top of the gray water tower and grab the Signal Flag.
- Go back to Early Poptropica and return each of the items to the person who had lost them. When you return the Signal Flag at the end, a boat will arrive. Talk to the pixellated man on the boat to receive your reward. Congratulations!
discuss Early Poptropica Island below~