Island Extras: Mews Foundation & Buy the Book
An eccentric billionaire is promising a big reward to whoever can prove the existence of cryptids — hidden creatures. The hunt is on for Bigfoot, Nessie, and other legendary beasts. But watch out: you’re not the only one in search of these monsters…and your competitors will stop at nothing to find them!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Cryptids Island is Poptropica’s 16th island. It was released to members on December 20, 2010 and January 18, 2011 for non-members.
- The island’s plot is centered around hunting legendary creatures – Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, the Chupacabra, and the Jersey Devil. Many players have reported being deathly scared when they first saw the Jersey Devil on Cryptids Island.
- The house in New Jersey where you sight the Jersey Devil has the number 666 on the front gate (the last 6 is hanging upside-down so it looks like a 9). 666 is considered to be the number of the beast (the devil).
- Starting from December 2, 2010, players could visit a preview version of Cryptids Island, where they could look through a viewfinder once a day for a chance to spot Nessie. If you see her, you’ll win a special Nessie Hat. Other interesting sights included seeing Balloon Boy, Captain Crawfish’s ship, a carrot, bag of popcorn, all kinds of dogs, toy sailboats, fish jumping out of the water, a seagull, pelican, motorboat, helicopter, etc.
- An external website for the Mews Foundation (http://mewsfoundation.org) was launched by the Poptropica Creators to promote Cryptids Island.
- Common room: Bert’s Bed & Breakfast
- Players visit real-world locations while hunting cryptids: Loch Ness (which is in Scotland), Himalayas, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the Pacific Northwest.
- The Bigfoot Fanatic costume was released in the Poptropica Store on December 22, 2010.
- There’s a sound when the Chupacabra escapes from the trap.
- A book for Cryptids Island was released on April 4, 2013.
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss cryptids island below~