Island Extra: Desktop Wallpaper
Some of the world’s most famous artwork is on display at the Island’s museum, but rumor has it someone’s out to steal it. Can you explore the dark and dangerous side of the online virtual world Counterfeit Island and save the day in the cracking canvas caper?
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Counterfeit Island is Poptropica’s 10th island. An Early Access pass was available on December 21, 2009, and anyone who completed the island within the early access period won 200 credits for free. It was released on January 4, 2010 for all.
- Master Mime, a Poptropica Creator alias, is based on the mimes in this island.
- The Scream, a painting by Edvard Munch, plays a big role in this island. Another famous painting featured in the Museum Fantastique is The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh.
- During the quest, players travel to the Pop Art Museum on Early Poptropica Island.
- Common room: Moldy Baguette Inn
- The villain, Black Widow, reappears in Super Villain Island. Her design is based on the black widow spider. She’s also a Poptropica Creator.
- There is a sign at the inspector’s cottage that says “Black Widow” in French. (It should say “Veuvre Noire” but is misspelled as “niore.”)
- Balloon Boy, who floats away after you give him a balloon, is based on the Balloon Boy Hoax of 2009. Balloon Boy also appears as a running gag elsewhere on Poptropica, such as on a TV screen on Reality TV Island.
- The artist on Main Street beside the easel you can draw on is based on Bob Ross, who hosted a TV show about painting.