Island Extras: Desktop Wallpaper / Printable Poster / Book / Movie
After years of silence, Willy Wonka’s magical chocolate factory is re-opening, and you’ve got a Golden Ticket. But when a group of misbehaving kids threaten to destroy Wonka’s candy creations, he needs you to save the day. Prepare to untangle a confectionary conundrum that’s full of sweet treats and sticky situations!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Island is Poptropica’s 31st island. The countdown started on November 14, 2012, and the island was released the next day on November 15 for members with a demo for non-members. The homepage had Oompa Loompas running across the screen followed by a dancing Willy Wonka. CatCF Island opened to all on December 6, 2012.
- This island is based on Roald Dahl’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory story. You can read a preview of it, as well as some other Roald Dahl exclusive content, in the Wonka Factory Outlet on Main Street.
- Some details of the plot and characters remain the same, but in order to incorporate you (the player) into the storyline, some elements are different – for example, there is a 6th golden ticket.
- Common room: Post Office
- Bonus quest for members only: Three of Wonka’s rivals have stolen his most secret recipes! Take to the skies in the Great Glass Elevator and bring these villains down to earth. The prize is the Heli-Gum item.
- Members get an additional Charlie and the Chocolate Factory gear pack, which includes Oompa-Loompa costume, Oompa-Loompa power, and Everlasting Gobstopper item. The Oompa-Loompa costume is ONLY available during Early Access!
For a written walkthrough with pictures, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss charlie & the chocolate factory island in the comments below~