Island Extra: Buy the Book
Launch thyself into a new online virtual world adventure on Poptropica! The princess hath been kidnapped and taken to the far reaches of space. Thou must assemble a space vessel and fly among the stars on an intergalactic quest to rescue her and save the kingdom of Arturus in the online virtual world, Astro-Knights Island.
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Astro-Knights Island is Poptropica’s 9th island. An Early Access ticket was available (for the first time ever) in the Poptropica Store for 500 credits on June 3, 2009. It was released to everyone on June 10, 2009.
- After you finish the island, you can find your custom rocketship waiting for you on top of the Castle of Arturus if you ever want to visit space again.
- The welcome sign on Main Street has the Latin phrase semper superne nitens, meaning “always strive upwards.”
- The villain, Mordred, is also called Binary Bard – the name of a Poptropica Creator alias. Binary Bard reappears in Super Villain Island.
- Binary Bard was originally designed as a good character – his mechanical eye was green instead of red, he was smiling (not in an evil way), and he had an instrument in his hand, just like an actual bard.
- AstroZone (on Pewter Moon) is a parody of AutoZone.
- Astro-Knights Island is featured in Poptropica Adventures for the Nintendo DS, along with Super Power and Mythology.
- Because it’s considered one of the hardest islands in Poptropica, there is a free in-game guide you can pick up from a kiosk on Main Street to help you. It was released on August 10, 2011. You can also check out our Astro-Knights Island Guide.
- Common room: Crop Circle Inn
- There are several references to Arthurian legend, such as the villain’s name being Mordred, the mechanical owl’s name being Merlin, knights named Cador, Pelleas, and Gawain, the kingdom called Arturus, etc.
- Poptropica has released an official illustrated novel titled Astro-Knights Island.
To see our written walkthrough for Astro-Knights Island, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss astro-knights island below~