Island Extras: Dr. Hare’s Lair on LEGO CUUSOO / Dr. Hare Paper Craft / Rabbot Paper Craft / Desktop Wallpapers / Dr. Hare’s Secret Lab MiniQuest
Something strange is happening on 24 Carrot Island. People are going missing, and the virtual world’s carrots are disappearing as well. It’s up to you to get to the bottom of the mystery and to bring the Island back to its former splendor!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- 24 Carrot Island is Poptropica’s 4th island, released on June 6, 2008.
- Before 24 Carrot was released, Monster Carnival Island appeared on the map as “coming soon.” However, it was replaced by 24 Carrot Island with no explanation.
- The name “24 Carrot” is a play on the phrase 24 karat, meaning gold in its purest form.
- Common room: Cinema – showing Night of the Living Carrots and Carrots of Fire, which parodies the names of the films Night of the Living Dead and Chariots of Fire.
- You can change your hair color using the drink stand in the Carrot King Diner.
- The villain, Dr. Hare, reappears in Super Villain Island. He is also a Poptropica Creator.
- Charlie refers to her cat Whiskers as a “she” before you return it, and “he” after you’ve returned it.
- On the factory, there is a sign that says Est. 1830, though Early Poptropica claims to have been established in 1982. Poptropica was released in 2007.
- There is a MiniQuest in the Store called Dr. Hare’s Secret Lab which used to cost 250 credits but is now free. Dr. Hare himself is not present, but you’ll encounter some of his slaves in his lair.
- The description on the item card for the crowbar says, “If at first you don’t succeed, pry, pry again.” (The crowbar is used to pry open the factory entrance.) This is a pun on the English proverb “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”
- According to the Poptropica teaching guide for 24 Carrot, the owner of the Carrot King Diner is named Tony.
- 24 Carrot is the first island to feature a full-length soundtrack with ‘better navigation’ (the common room cursor, but easier to use) and a bigger screen, released as the 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene Island (a pun on the chemical compound beta-carotene as well as beta testing) on June 20, 2013. Only members were able to test out the beta, and they received a free Beta Tester Costume to keep forever (this costume was also what they had to wear while playing the beta). There is also a 24 Carrot BETA Carrotene medallion (which is silver and gold, unlike the others which are plain gold) in the Friends profile section.
To see our written walkthrough for 24 Carrot Island, click on Guide at the top of this page.
discuss 24 carrot island below~