Star Link is one of Poptropica’s multiplayer games. It’s a tricky puzzle game, where the objective is to create more star-linked boxes than your opponent. Here’s an example of what the Star Link game card looks like:
Starting the Game
To start a game of Star Link, first head over to the nearest multiplayer room. Click on the person you wish to battle. Choose the option “Battle”, and a list of games will show up. Click on “Star Link”, which is between Balloons and Paint War. The other player will be given the choices “Sure!” or “No, thank you!”. If they choose “Sure!”, the game will begin, but if they say “No, thank you!” or don’t answer you, you’ll need to find someone else to play with you.
How to Play
Click between the stars to link them together and form boxes. You’ll be awarded a point for each box you complete.
Each player will be sitting in a little spaceship on opposite sides of the screen – you will be either the blue side or the red. There will be little yellow stars laid out in a 5 x 4 grid, which means there are 20 stars. Between each star are invisible-ish lines connecting all the stars together – horizontally and vertically.
To play, click on one of the lines to make it solid. It will turn into your team’s color (red or blue) and link the stars together. The objective is to form more boxes than your opponent, and to form boxes all you have to do is link the stars to create all four sides of a box. When it is your opponent’s turn, they’ll make a line too, so you can use that to your advantage and make boxes out of their lines. If you make a box in your turn, you get an extra turn until your move doesn’t create a box.
Points are awarded during the game. For every one box you make, you earn 1 point. If you’re on the red team, the boxes you make will be colored red, and vise versa. The maximum number of boxes you can complete per game is 12, so 12 points is the highest you can get.
- By Shaggy Tornado: Don’t put lines where there are 2 lines already connected to make a square. That will make it almost a box and your opponent can complete it.
- By Grumpy Wolf: First make a line. Then your opponent will make a line (which leaves 2 more line left to complete the square, unless they put their line somewhere else). Then make a line somewhere nowhere near the unfinished square. Your opponent will try to finish the square (thinking you’re still trying to make the other square). When the square is 3/4 finished, make your move. Finish the square. Good luck!
- By Neat Whale: First, make a line. Your opponent will usually make a line next to yours. Keep doing this until there is a line everywhere that doesn’t create 3/4. Then,when your opponent makes one into 3/4, you grab that one, and then complete all the squares. Good luck!
- By Zany Dragon: Keep an eye out for boxes that are 3/4 finished. Some of these are very well hidden, and your opponent may spot them first. If your opponent’s score is higher than yours, this could eventually let them win. Don’t let your opponent stay ahead of you for long.
- By Red Heart: Never let an oppurtunity pass. Don’t do it quickly. If there is no choice but to put a third line, look around in case there is something you missed to not make most of the box. Otherwise, make 3/4 of the box somewhere were your opponent can only make one or two boxes.
If you have any questions, comments, or feedback for this game guide, feel free to write to the Poptropica Help Blog below. Any tips for the game of Star Link would also be greatly appreciated, and if we add your game tip here, we will give you credit by including your name. Thanks for reading, and we hope that this will help you be a better Star Link player!