Hoops is one of Poptropica’s multiplayer games. It’s a basketball game where the objective is to shoot five hoops, before your opponent beats you to it. Here’s an example of what the Hoops game card looks like:
Starting the Game
To start a game of Hoops, first head over to the nearest multiplayer room. Click on the person you wish to battle. Choose the option “Battle”, and a list of games will show up. Click on “Hoops”, which is the sixth game listed, between Sky Dive and Sudoku. The other player will be given the choices “Sure!” or “No, thank you!”. If they choose “Sure!”, the game will begin, but if they say “No, thank you!” or don’t answer you, you’ll need to find someone else to play with you.
How to Play
Use your mouse to aim and power your shot, then click to throw. The first player to make five shots wins!
There will be a basket in the middle. Each player has a basketball in their hands and are trying to throw their ball into the basket (that’s the objective of this game!). Every time you shoot, whether it gets in the hoop or not, a new ball will fall into your hands for you to continue throwing. Whenever one of the players scores a point, the basket will move a little bit up or a little bit down.
Points are awarded during the game. Whenever one of your shots make it in, you score a point. The winner is the one who scores 5 points first.
- By Serious Spider: I used to be really bad at this game but I figured if you don’t move the angle of your pointer all over the place it helps…..At least it helped me…..
- By Tall Horse: When you’re shooting, aim high, so the ball is at its highest about halfway between you and the hoop. You may need to adjust your aim a bit, but it usually falls right into the hoop.
- By Isabella: The higher the hoop is the more narrow your arrow needs to be.
- By Silverwolf1: Aim so your arrow is the longest it can be and slightly pointed at the hoop.
- By StaraptorXD: When shooting, click the lower-right corner of the border of the scoreboard. Then, just adjust the power of the shot according to where the hoop is.
If you have any questions, feedback, or comments to add, feel free to comment below. Any tips for the game of Hoops would be greatly appreciated, too, and if we add your tip on this page, we will acknowledge you.