Disclaimer: This website (Poptropica Help Blog) does not belong to Poptropica Creators.
Behold the power of the Poptropica Creators – they’re the team behind every detail of the game. Every island, every item, every idea, everything. They write up the fun posts with special sneak peeks you see on their Creators’ Blog, they put together astounding videos on their PoptropicaCreators YouTube channel, and lots more. This page focuses on the individuals we know and appreciate.
- Real name: Jeff Kinney
- Job: Founder (virtual world designer/creator)
- Poptropica account: ??? (Possibly Comic Kid/Ned Noodlehead due to his similar Diary of a Wimpy Kid cartoon series.)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence: On Jeff Kinney’s official WimpyKid.com website, he states on the Author Interview page that, “I work full-time as a virtual world designer, and I created Poptropica.com.” He also mentions being the founder of Poptropica at the back of his Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.
- Real name: Jordan Leary
- Job: Designer and Developer (front-end programming, animation, visual effects)
- Poptropica account: JordanLeary (Dr. Hare)
- Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence: Jordan’s website has an image of Poptropica and describes it as, “This is the big game I’m currently working on.” He has also been quoted in an HJNews.com article about Poptropica. Jordan is the one in the middle of the picture on the right.
- Real name: Justin Lacy
- Job: Poptropica Creator (exact status not known)
- Poptropica account: JustinLacy
- Contact: Unknown
- Evidence: Searching “justinlacy” on the Poptropica Avatar Studio brings up a character with the name “Hazmat Hermit.”
Shark Guy (formerly Shark Boy)
- Real name: Nate Greenwall
- Job: Illustrator, Graphic Artist and Interactive Designer
- Poptropica account: SharkGuyCreator (previously SharkBoyCreator)
- Contact: Send Nate a message through the “Contact” link on his website.
- Evidence: On his website NateGreenwall.com, clicking on the “Interactive Web” link shows that he has done some illustration work with Poptropica. His blog also states that he works for Poptropica. We know he is Shark Boy based on a picture of his office, posted on the PCB, which had Shark Boy in an office that looks just like Nate’s (pictured right).
- Real name: Jess M. Brallier
- Job: Developer of Poptropica
- Poptropica account: Fact Monster (username unknown, but possibly dummy1063 although the username with ‘dummy’ suggests it is not a Creator’s account but rather a clone)
- Contact: none, but you can learn more about Jess here
- Evidence: This Family Education Network article states that Jess works for Poptropica. Jess has published FactMonster.com (Poptropica’s sponsor) and FunBrain.com (which advertises Poptropica). The image on the right shows the Fact Monster character visiting a Poptropica Multiverse room.
- Real name: James Lema
- Job: Director of Product Development at Poptropica (present); Digital Design Manager (past)
- Poptropica account: DirectorDcreator1
- Contact: He has a LinkedIn profile.
- Evidence: According to Quiet Eagle, James Lema’s LinkedIn profile picture used to be one of Director D. (This was proven when searching “James Lema” on Google Images resulted in this pic of Director D, shown on the right, which was linked to LinkedIn.) Additionally, there is a post on the Boston PIB (Partners in Business) blog (which is related to Pearson, Poptropica’s company) in which ‘James Lema’ presented a graphic invitation to a ‘Poptropica Lunchtime Seminar.’
- Real name: Jennifer Wood (unconfirmed; assumed due to being the only known female Creator)
- Job: Managing Editor at Poptropica
- Poptropica account: BlackWidowCreator
- Contact: She has a LinkedIn profile.
- Evidence: There’s a profile on social networking site LinkedIn claiming that “Jennifer Wood” holds the position of Managing Editor at Poptropica. You can refer to Adiboy101’s screenshot for proof.
- Real name: Mitch Krpata
- Job: Editor, Poptropica at Family Education Network
- Poptropica account: HadesCreator1
- Contact: LinkedIn, Twitter, or email: email@example.com
- Evidence: There’s a profile on social networking site LinkedIn claiming that “Mitch Krpata” holds the position of Poptropica Editor. You can refer to the screenshot below for proof. We know his alias is Hades because the Poptropica Assets website has a Bolas Plant SWF which was posted by Hades on the PCB.
- Real name: Jon Pitcher
- Job: Game Designer illustrator/animator for Poptropica and Advertising Design Manager
- Poptropica account: not known
- Contact: LinkedIn
- Evidence: There’s a profile on social networking site LinkedIn from Jon Pitcher where he says, “I concept story ideas, animate characters, and illustrate environments for Poptropica.” You can refer to the screenshot below for proof. We know his alias is Master Mime because Jon’s LinkedIn profile picture depicts Master Mime, which makes sense since he’s an animator.
- Real name: Tracey West
- Job: Writer (authored Poptropica’s The Official Guide book, wrote the Mythology Island script, etc.)
- Evidence: In the book Poptropica: The Official Guide, which she wrote, it says that Medusa from Mythology Island is also known as Tracey West (see image below). On page 116, “Medusa” says, “When I first learned about Greek Mythology in school, Athena was always my favorite goddess. I knew I had to make her a major character when I wrote the Mythology Island Script.“
Not much is known about these other Poptropica Creators, but they are listed with the tiny bit of info we have for your reference:
- Ashley Lange, Poptropica 2D game designer (LinkedIn) & Island Designer (DeviantArt)
- Christopher Barney, Game Engineer/Game Designer for Poptropica.com (LinkedIn)
- Cara Campanelli, Poptropica Customer Support (LinkedIn)
- Dan Franklin, senior software developer for Poptropica/Pearson (LinkedIn)
- Jeff Heim, music composer for Poptropica (Soundcloud)
- John “J.T.” Gallant, Poptropica.com Intern (LinkedIn)
- Kevin McGrath – Used to work at Poptropica. “Conducted web and systems testing both on the user and back ends of the children’s Flash video game Poptropica.” (LinkedIn)
- Kyle Fox, music composer for Mocktropica’s Mega Fighting Bots & believed to be Gamer Guy on the Creators’ Blog (LinkedIn)
- Lisa Wolfe, L. Wolfe Communications for Poptropica, 773-227-1049, firstname.lastname@example.org (from Poptropica’s About Us page)
- Max Brallier, Poptropica game designer (his website)
- Michael Etzel, early developer of Poptropica (LinkedIn)
- Nasan Hardcastle, Designer & Illustrator for characters, environments, games, and toys on Poptropica (his blog) (LinkedIn)
- Nate Tufts, Illustrator/Designer working for Poptropica (his blog)
- Pamela Dixon, Poptropica license manager (Yahoo article)
- Steve (Poptropica username SteveCreator; his character appears in various Daily Pop sneak peeks)
- Tyson Burnham, Poptropica’s motion graphic designer (LinkedIn)
- Binary Bard (username: BinaryBard)
- Thirsty Whale (username: ThirstyWhaleCreator; has not posted on the PCB in years)
- Triton (username: TritonCreator; does not post on the PCB but showed up in one of their party pics) – possibly Rick Riordan, who has appeared in the Daily Pop’s ‘Celebrity Clips’
- VladtheViking (old Poptropica Creators’ YouTube channel name)
- Captain Crawfish (username: CaptainCrawfishCreator)
- Gamer Guy (possibly Kyle Fox due to his work with Mega Fighting Bots)
If you have any other information about the Poptropica Creators you’d like to share with us, leave a comment on this page! There are probably loads more people out there who’ve worked with Poptropica in the past, but these are the main ones we’ve uncovered that are generally more prominent on the internet. :)