Get ready for a whole new type of online virtual world adventure on Poptropica. Enter the comic strip world of Big Nate – a wisecracking kid who holds the all-time record for detentions at this school. You’re on a mission to find a long-lost time capsule which, if found, can save the school from demolition. You’ll need help from Nate and his friends to complete your online virtual world quest!
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Big Nate Island is Poptropica’s 8th island, released on February 12, 2009.
- As of July 10, 2015, the island became locked to members only, with a demo for non-members.
- Big Nate is a comic strip by cartoonist Lincoln Peirce. You can check out more about it in the Klassic Komix building on Main Street. The characters on this island and the style of drawing are consistent with the comic. Also, that means none of the characters are customizable.
- Common room: Cap’n Salty’s
- In the school basement, Artur can be seen by the heater. However, when the lights are turned off, he is not there.
- Cap’n Salty was created just for this Poptropica island; his character does not appear in the Big Nate comics.
- Artur never gets detention in the comics, so it’s strange that he’s in the secret room within the detention room.
- Geography errors: In the detention room, the world map is missing Australia, Indonesia, the Caribbean islands, Greenland, and Siberia. Also, the continent of South America and Africa is shaped differently and Antarctica is smaller.
To see our written walkthrough for Big Nate Island, click on the word Guide at the top of this page.
discuss big nate island in the comments below~