As a reminder, the following rules should be noted and followed when writing comments on our site.
- Keep to the subject of Poptropica. After all, this is a Poptropica community!
- No inappropriate content. Please do not swear or use bad language, post insulting or offensive content, or debate controversial topics unrelated to Poptropica. Keep everything child-friendly.
- Stay on topic. Put your comments in the right categories. For example, if you want to talk about Spy Island, it would be more appropriate to do so on the Spy Island pages rather than the Shark Tooth Island pages.
- Be respectful towards everyone. Especially if you want people to respect you back. If you want to chat in a friendly environment, you will have to be nice as well. This includes but is not limited to no bullying, calling people names, spreading false rumors, etc. Out of common courtesy, we would hope that you would have the decency to treat others well.
- Don’t spam. This means no typing random trash like “bcskndnv” that makes no sense, asking things that have already been answered over and over again, typing with ALL-CAPITAL LETTERS, typing too many comments in a row on the same page (you can keep them all in one comment!), advertising your site blatantly, using too many needless exclamation marks, or having a comment comprised of smilies ( ) only. Not staying on topic also counts as spam.
- Do not share personal information, and don’t ask for any from others. For example, your full name (first name only if you want to use your real name), your specific address (saying what state or country you live in is fine, but you shouldn’t get too detailed). Please keep it safe if you’re going to share your details.
- Don’t deceive others. Nobody likes to be lied to, cheated, or scammed! Posing as someone else (stealing another identity/impersonation) is also strictly against our rules.
- Don’t ask to be a staff member. Our staff will be looking out for active, helpful community members and will hire someone if we feel that they can do a good job. You may contact us with Poptropica info you’d like to share even if you aren’t a staff member. If we use your help, we will acknowledge you. Remember, you don’t have to be a staff member to help out! Replying to questions you see posted around our site and getting involved with the community is a good way of showing us your dedication.
- Use proper grammar. When typing your messages, please keep them relatively simple to understand. Keep your shortcuts (“lol”, “u”, etc) or smilies ( ) to a minimum, and use correct punctuation (?.:,!) where it is needed. If your comment is not readable, it’s considered spam.
These rules are subject to change at any time, and new rules may be added, so please check back and make sure you comply with our policy. Comments seen to be disobeying rules will be deleted, and you may possibly be banned from commenting in our Poptropica Help community. Stay safe!