About these ads

Your Ultimate Guide to Poptropica Friends!

UPDATE!!!!!(5/1/12)

Poptropica Friends is now out! :D If you want to add the PHB staff members (former and current!), here is the list! Will be updated in due time!

Shaggy: 101396

Green Boa: popcoconutty

Hijuyo: hi.juyo

Brave Tomato: 1313cookie

Super Thunder (our walkthrough writer who assists BT): 1234swees

Codien: thecodien

And don’t forget that if you want to add the Creators as friends, we have most of their usernames in our Poptropica Creators’ Database!! ;)

~~~

UPDATE!!!!! (5/2/12)

Twisted Thicket has released for everyone!

Go get those photos/medallions for your profile! And if you get stuck, you have our Twisted Thicket resources at your disposal :)

~~~

Throughout this week, the Creators were posting about the features in Poptropica Friends and how they work! :D Here, I’ll be posting them one by one, forming somewhat of a guide to it, I guess :P So let’s get started with…

MEDALLIONS

One of the great things about Poptropica Friends is that you’ll be able to see what medallions your friends have earned, and they’ll be able to see the same for you. You’ll even be able to show off how many times you’ve beaten each Island, by using Island Restart.

See how this person has all the medals for all 26 islands? Well, ALL your friends will see how many medallions you have earned, and how many times you’ve beaten an Island with Poptropica Friends! So start adding to your medal count! This feature is coming soon!

RECENT ACTIVITY FEED

Presenting the Recent Activity feed! You’ll see this little box whenever you return to Poptropica, and it will show you the most up-to-date things your friends have been doing in Poptropica. You’ll see when your friend has earned a photo, beaten an Island, saved a new costume, or answered a Pop Quiz. You can click through to see their full profile, or just flip through the feed to see what everyone is up to.

See also how that box has the Pop Quiz right next to it? You can also answer the Pop Quiz from the homepage!

PHOTO ALBUM

One of the new features that will be coming with Poptropica Friends is the photo album. It’s like your own virtual scrapbook of your adventures through Poptropica!

By playing through Islands, you’ll occasionally see a message that says “New Photo Added” when you get to an important part of the story. Then, when you visit your photo album, you’ll see snapshots showing you a new perspective of your character’s feats. Every Island has about four different photos. There are over 100 in total!

Even better: every time you earn a new photo, the outfit you were wearing at the time is recorded in the picture. Even if you change clothes, you can costumize from your photos later!

Wait, there’s more! If you’re looking through a friend’s photo album, you can costumize off of them, too. It’s like the number of possible costumes just went to infinity!

The only thing that I don’t like about this, is that you have to replay Islands to get the photos you need for your album. So even if you completed all the Islands on your account(s), you will have to replay the Islands to get the photos. They will not be pre-added to the photo album. So according to the picture, you can choose which island’s photos to display, and whether to costumize them or not! So cool!

COSTUME CLOSETS

Another new feature with Poptropica Friends is the Costume Closet, which allows Members to store up to 30 unique costumes at a time. Not only that, but you can look through your friends’ closets and borrow their best costume ideas, as well.

There you have it! The days of putting together a spectacular costume and then having to get rid of it are almost over.

If you notice, they say “which allows Members”. Does that mean the closet is only available for Members, or will Non-members be able to use it too, but store less costumes? Hmm… But Poptropica friends looks interesting so far!! :D

~~~

Some ads and glitch videos that Loud Shark would like me to show you…

THE ROBOT GLITCH

AD: PIRATES! BAND OF MISFITS

~~~

So there you have it!! Your sneak peek into Poptropica Friends and your videos on glitches and the ad! Have a great end of April/beginning of May! :)

~Shaggy

About these ads

Comments

1. justadoo444 says:

Bottom 2 on right stack of photos for Album are for Vampire’s Curse(I think).Second pic has frame with bat(for completion), Third pic has microscope(for creating the anti-vampirisim serum).

2. Tough Spider says:

where to get robot costume

3. ★Brave Tomato★ says:

AAAHHH! It’s the Headless Poptropican! D: XD That robot glitch is pretty cool xD

4. invisiblepoptropican says:

how did u get that robot costume? and i know that there is a robot just like that on gameshow island.

5. Jumpy Skull says:

Poptropica is down… That’s a good sign that it will be released today!

6. Balloon Boy says:

Hey just saying….something not so important……doesn’t matter………Poptropica Friends is out. What? It isn’t THAT important. It’s just the biggest thing since Daily Pop, Membership, and the removal of the Monster Carnival Island. So I made 2 friends already, answered a pop quiz. If you want to friend me, my username is bonybonybones. Why am I an awesome Poptropican you should friend? Well:
    I’ve finished 25 islands and 3 mini-quests
    I am getting membership next week for my birthday,
    I have a high battle ranking
    I am an experienced Poptropican

Also, anyone check the Daily Pop Sneak Peeks lately? Looks like a space island. But how can it be an island if it’s in space? My geuss: the island as in body of land is just where the space shuttle takes off from, and the island as in the quest on POptropica covers that and going into space to do who knows what. And we have no idea for any plot yet. I hope it’s a real island, and not some boring miniquest like Legendary Swords.
    Hey PHB, love the way you guys run this blog. Ever thought about writing Poptropica fiction stories? Or having your fans write some? Just a thought. And, and PHB staff, feel free to friend request me (now that POptropica Friends is open).
    See ya later.
    Balloon Boy

Hijuyo: You can read some of the fans’ Poptropica fiction stories under the “Magazines” portion of the PHB. There should be a navigation link at the top under the header. Even though we are no longer publishing the magazines, feel free to write things in the comments! :)

7. Jumpy Skull says:

FRIENDS IS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Balloon Boy says:

This is an outrage! The Creators didn’t say anything about THIS! Remember that so-called photo page on your profile? Well, there are 105 photos to get from all the islands. How many can non-members get? Guess. How many out of 105 can non-members get? I’ll tell you.
    !
    !
    !look down

ONE! That’s right, one! I know I’m getting membership soon, so why should I be complaining? Well, when you are a non-member and get a photo when you already HAVE a photo, the photo you already had gets deleted. Meaning, if your membership ran out, you’d have to restart ALL the islands to get the photos again, EVEN IF you renewed your membership. And also, people who have played every single island non-members can play, if they finally get membership, will they THEN have all the photos they’ve earned? I bet you can guess what the answer is. NO! An N, then an O. Sorry to go raving on about this, but not only is it one of those unfair things where non-members think they’ll be able to do it until the last minute (which everyone hates) but it is also unfair to Poptropica Members! Sheesh Creators, really?

9. Balloon Boy says:

Hey guys I am Poptropica friends with Cpt. Crawfish, Ned noodlehead and Black Widow. For their usernames so you can friend them, ask me.

• what’s ned noodlehead’s username?

• Balloon Boy says:

Ned Noodlehead’s username is: nednoodleheadcreator

Hijuyo: Actually, since his screen name is “Thirsty Flyer” instead of a custom Creator one, he probably isn’t a Creator.

10. invisiblepoptropican/wild ghost says:

does any one know what the binary bard’s or dr. hare’s username is? and by the way i can look like the binary bard just putting it out there, my username is invisiblepoptropican.

11. invisiblepoptropican/wild ghost says:

i’m friends with the so called evil hades of mythology island.

12. You are added to my friends ST! Anyone who wants to friend me my user is popcoconutty.

Shaggy: I’ll add you when I get the time to get on :D

13. Balloon Boy says:

OH MY GOSH! Geuss whose my friend! Remember that guy who posted on the PCB like 2 years ago, and only a few times? Well, I am friends with THIRSTY WHALE, the ONETIME POPTROPICA CREATOR! Anyone who wants to be friends with him ask me for the code.

14. Balloon Boy says:

Hey guys found out something really interesting. When you look at Ned Noodlehead’s profile, unlike all the other creators except Thristy Whale (since Thristy Wahle isn’t a creator anymore), Ned Noodlehead does not have membership! Why would a creator not have membership? Does this mean Ned Noodlehead’s creator, who we think is Jeff Kinney, has left? There haven’t been and PCB posts from Ned in a looooooong time.

• comical clown says:

if you really do have nednoodlehead’s/comickid’s username then what is it? It has to be the actual name when you get it (nednoodleheadusername=nednoodlehead when you look at it) if it’s a normal name (e.g. cheerfull biker) then it’s not comickid/nednoodlehead, that’s why he may not have membership. and comic kid posted for his favourite island with all current creators so he is still active.

15. justadoo444 says:

Milestone: My 1st Pic
    Island: Counterfeit
    How to Get: Give Balloon Boy the green balloon.
    Dressed as: Hades!
    justadoo444 is my username if you want to friend me.
    1st Pop Quizzes:
    I have cried at a movie.
    I don’t wear glasses.
    My favorite season is Winter.

16. bman504 says:

that’s not Jeff Kinney. Jeff Kinney has a different one probably called Comic Kid or Ned Noodlehead not thirsty flyer.

17. jedikid97 says:

My username is crpcp09 add me

18. Shaggy Tornado says:

Don’t forget we have most of the Creators’ usernames on the Poptropica Creators Database!! ;)

And if you want to add Hijuyo, I believe her username is hi.juyo. You can check on the avatar studio. ;)

• Tough Spider says:

How did Green Boa get the clock thingy?

Shaggy: That is probably the Time Freeze, which was taken off due to the addition of the pause button. But if you want to know what that really is, you could go ask him. What I’m saying is my hypothesis. ;)

• Tough Spider says:

Thanks, but is it still in the store?
        And how do i ask him…( sorry, but i am clueless)

• scarycatfish says:

No, it isn’t in the store anymore. When the creators created the pause feature, they didn’t need to sell it anymore because it did almost the same thing, except it made little icicles appear on the screen.

19. postopialucy says:

Yea, checking out the Friends thing, my first 11 friends are the creators. hehehe.

20. OMZ, Poptropica Friends is amazing! I love it! :D

21. Jumpy Skull says:

What happened to the island restart?

22. scarycatfish says:

If anybody wants to add me, I’m Mythgirl16.

23. Add me: thecodien
    ;)

24. Whoa LS telll me the glich

25. wild ghost says:

yo, whats the robot glitch?

26. Magic Eye says:

What are the four photos for Counterfeit Island

27. Hanakin says:

Is it possible to actually find your friends on Poptropica after you add them inside the multiplayer rooms? I added a friend who’s, like, my best friend, but I can’t find her (I don’t know her in real life or any other website) :(

• same here! i was talking to this one guy and then my screen froze and when i reopened i didn’t know how to find him!

28. Serious Shadow says:

I have 209 friends!!! Please add me my username is voldemort:D

29. Ask theloudshark how to do it! And I added some of you as friends and how do you get those awesome things in your hands, like meat, an apple, fries, and a lantern?

30. Add me as a friend! I beat every island 2 times, even the Poptropolis Games! I have 240 friends, and I have 20 AWESOME ORIGINAL outfits. My username is Jaramillo14

I have 107 photos and there are 2 photos I need from Reality and Counterfeit!

31. How do you get the “WINNER!” photo on Reality TV? It’s the last one I need,

32. I traded clockwise and skipped Golden Harbor because they rip you off, and then I upgraded until I got to the last ship. If you don’t buy a ship and keep trading, it will take you longer to earn money. For example, I might earn 60,000 on one ship 5 times, and then I will get to the next ship and get 125,000 each time. Since 125,000 is more than double of 60,000, it takes me a shorter time to earn money. The first time I did Skullduggery I never had to trade because there was a glitch and it said that I had NaN doubloons.

33. Lucas the Winner is Awesome says:

Never mind, it was just a poptropica glitch. They told me about it and gave me the photo.

34. Spotted Bubbles whats ur user ^_^ o_O

35. whats dr hares username some one told me it it was wrong some girl with brown skin red lips and a black toque and black suit was when i typed in drharecreator

Slanted Fish: Dr. Hare’s username is jordanleary.

36. if anybody wants to add me my user is jbm1235

37. How do I delete a pop qiuzz

Slanted Fish: You can’t delete the ones on your profile, but you can change the answer you put by clicking on it.

38. Add Me mimi9492 and i got lots of creators usernames like
    shark boy his username is sharkboycreator and add me bro weiner23 is his username and no not that thing the weinerdog lol :)

39. HEY! my username is onedirection4936 ancheck out my costume closet it has has cool things THANKS :P

40. Dr. Magic Onion, Poptropicatologist says:

In my personal opinion…

I think the old system of medallions is better, where you can see them in a tab in the store. This, is, however, my opinion. I haven’t gotten a chance to deal with that system for years, as I started playing Poptropica but 4 months before Poptropica Friends came out.

I believe that we should have an option to opt-in on some of these features.

~Dr. Magic Onion, Poptropicatologist

41. my user name is jacob83471 if you want to friend me

42. i don’t no how to delete pop quizzes

Slanted Fish: You can’t delete them, but you can change your answer by clicking on them.

43. any budy want to play multiverse with me

44. any budy here

45. hey poptropicans

46. multiverse

47. the code is

48. exs72

49. on poptropica

50. hey

51. sup how u doing yall friend me please i have membership and all the custumes in the store well pretty much eveything lol i cant wait tillya chat back my first time well pretty much my second time chatting online lol i beat all the islands and im just like professor think noodles i am fast at mysterys and stuff like that i like poptropicas birthday stuff they give us i am kinda a fan of poptropica alot.i like membership cause it is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i hope it comes to a time when every one has membershipcause then every one can get every thing from the poptroica store and i also like the poptropica shop promo codes and it i have 170 friends i like friending people to and i have the black flag i am michael ray ramsey the third three people have the same middle name and last name i am pretty fast at chatting

52. god bless every one =) =) =) =)

Trackbacks

1. […] now has its own DS game. That’s impressive. The Friends feature has been added as well. And there’s even books – and clothing! And woaahhhh! Look at […]

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 750 other followers