About these ads

3|THREE: Happy birthday, PHB! *inflates balloons*

Three years. We have come this far.

Three Spree!

Three years ago on July 26th, 2008, the Poptropica Help Blog was created by an 11-year-old girl and the support of her younger brother, collectively known, as some old-timers may recall, ‘Scary Tomato’ (the Poptropican’s name), then later as ‘Hijuyo.’ It turned out the girl was mostly the one running the blog, so she started going under the name ‘Hijuyo’ independently and writing posts with other hired blog authors.

Three years later it’s July 26th, 2011, Hijuyo is now 14, the blog has over 5 million views, a great community, and awesome contributors everywhere. We have invited everyone who wanted to come celebrate, and come they did. The PHB just celebrated their big 3|Three party on our chatroom, the PHC, and met in Multiverse with tons of supporters coming to inflate their “3” balloons (of varying sizes!) from Poptropica’s own 3rd birthday. It was also our third Author Night, and people were able to meet and talk with some of our great PHB authors. Hicoga made a video of the party you can watch here.

These three years were also Hijuyo’s three middle school years, and though I would probably never delete the PHB, high school would mean I may have less time here. Which is why, for everyone’s enjoyment, the PHB comments are now set so that a comment made can immediately go through instead of me having to manually approve them. Hopefully this will bring more discussion in each post as people can read and respond to each other quickly – however, authors will still need to monitor the comments to make sure they don’t get out of hand and everyone has to be responsible in following commenting rules. I will still be around, although I do hope everyone in the community does their part in helping the PHB continue to prosper.

Long live the PHB and the rest of the network!

~Hijuyo, Poptropica Help Network Founder&Owner

About these ads

Comments

1. Thank YOU all for being a part of something wonderful. :)

2. magicstorm/magicbones says:

Happy Birthday PHB!!!!

3. magicstorm/magicbones says:

No way! Your 14 too?!!

Hijuyo: Yes – introductions about PHB staff are on the About page if you’re interested.

4. Rory on a phone says:

Congratulations PHB!

5. I’m 15!!! Also,next year will be my 1st year of high school. Good Luck in high School Hijuyo, and congradulations on making this awesome blog. -Lewis :)

6. NO! :( I forgot all about it! I was on a chat with somebody and the person wasn’t talking. Then I looked at my friends and I saw some people from the PHC online. I looked at the time IT WAS 2:23 :( I bet you had a great time. P.S Hijuyo if it was 12:00 noon for us,wasn’t it 12:00 at night for you?

Hijuyo: Sorry you didn’t make it. :( And yes, it was 12 at night in my time. :P

7. Hahaha…. even more 3’s. 3 is still a magic number, people!

8. Long Live the PHB!

9. The Friendly Shark says:

Omg, I see myself. O_O Oh, and Happy Birthday Phb! Oh I mean, Happy 3RD birthday Phb! :D

10. So sorry I wasn’t there guys! :( You guys are the BEST Poptropica blog that existed! Don’t ever forget this blog, let it live forever, even when Poptropica goes out-of-date! Hijuyo, coderkid, Green Boa, Hicoga, ℓα∂у яανєη¢ℓαωgυяℓ, elmopwns, and Shaggy Tornado, you guys are the best! LONG LIVE THE PHB! :D

11. I made a video you can add to the post Juyo. :)

12. Shaggy Tornado says:

Happy birthday PHB! :D

Heads up, I’ve also got high school coming up next month, so I won’t be able to post as much. But like last summer, can you save the Friday posts for me if any? Thanks :P

13. AwesomeBB says:

Hey. Remember me? It’s AwesomeBB. SHAGGY TORNADO didn’t put me in the post. So I’m sad.

14. im going to 8th grade this year im happy and sad :/

15. Bendy Dragon says:

Very sorry I didnt make it. Happy Birthday PHB!

16. magicstorm/magicbones says:

Aww…. Had no idea it was on!!
    I’ve been visiting this blg since Hijuyo was Scary Tomato.
    Happy 3rd b’day.
    Best Poptropica blog EVA.
    NOW…. What’s it gonna be? Birthdya hugs or bitrthday punches?
    LOL!!! :D

• magicstorm/magicbones says:

Can you believe how many time I just mispelt birthday?!
      Man, I come top of the clas in english, and I STILL CAN’T SPELL!!!!!! :D

17. Shaggy Eel says:

I’ve been reading the poptropica help blog since I was seven years old. Happy Birthday. P.S. I’m 11 years old. I can’t believe your 14! Also, when’s your birthday hijuyo?

18. Snuggles says:

Yah. When is your birthday Hijuyo?

19. Congrats to the PHB! I didn’t know you created this website while you’re only 11.

20. POPTROPICA IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! friend me on poptropica my name is loud fire

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 784 other followers